Pioneer VSX-D711 Remote Code anyone??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pub93

Original poster
Oct 5, 2005
I've programmed the remote for my Pioneer receiver (vsx-d711) to run everything except my Sony DirecTV unit (SAT_B2). The Pioneer codes say "4017 or 4018", but neither work. I've been manually working my way through the 4000s just to see if I can stumble across the code.

If anyone has found one that works - I'd REALLY appreciate it!

thanks for the help!

pub93

no learner...

when I bought the @#$#% receiver - I didn't think I needed to pay $90 more for the learning remote version....might have been a mistake.

Auto Find (aka searching for codes) = see pg 50 of the user guide. Also make sure you test the codes you enter and have the correct source selected. Looks like this remote will do only TV or SAT, but not both at once. Was the upgrade the VSX-811?

Attachments

• VSXD711.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 601
it has...

auto search...I tried the auto search for 20 minutes straight - it cycles out 10 codes each time you hit their autosearch button. I'm not sure if I got through all of the codes or not (does it start at "0000-0009" and go through "9990-9999" - that's more than 20 minutes of combinations). So autosearch did not work (i even verified my 'autosearch technique' by autosearching the DVD - and it worked).

My first thought is that it isn't in there - I just find it hard to believe that a recently purchased receiver remote wouldn't have a code for a significant (Sony) DirecTV unit?!?

I agree. Sorry it didn't work out. Go to the PIONEER USER GUIDE PAGE and look at the VSX-712 guide, or maybe a few models newer and see if there are additional Sony Satellite remote codes and try those. Couldn't hurt.

My first thought is that it isn't in there - I just find it hard to believe that a recently purchased receiver remote wouldn't have a code for a significant (Sony) DirecTV unit?!?

dude ... get a harmony ... it is well worth the dough. eBay is even good, but I bought my replacement at newegg.com

thanks all!

i appreciate the suggestions by all. I'll keep searching, but a new 'learning' remote might be my only choice....bummer.

Learning Remote Suggestion...

I am now on my second Theater Master MX-500. I recently had the first one crash after about 4 years and decided to stick with it because it works everything (with room to spare) and is exceedingly easy to program and learn. If you want to shell out a few more $$$, go for the MX-700. This one allows you to program and store settings from your computer and then transfers to the -700.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hr10-250 w/ dtc210

hd tivo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)