Phone line connetion help

dnero

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 26, 2010
Springfield VT
I have 2 722 receivers they both had phone lines connected to them I moved one receiver and did not until tonight have a phone line connected to it I wanted to buy a Video on demand movie, connected the phone line but receiver said no dial tone tested it with phone and got a dial tone and was able to make a call but the 722 will not see it. The other receiver that always had a phone line connected to it is also telling me no dial tone as well and is displaying no info on caller ID. Is this a Dish software problem tried doing a front panel reset but did not help should I try a power cord reset?
Thanks for any help.

Try this. Disconnect one receiver from the phone line. The one that still has the phone connected, try the test and see if it works. If it does, make sure it's power cord is plugged directly into the wall, same with the other receiver. Now, 2nd receiver that does not have the phone cord plugged in: go to menu>system setup>installation>dishcomm setup. It will search and should find the other receiver. Do a scan on that screen and make sure the other receiver shows up. Then done. Then phone info (option 4 i think) and it should say testing, then say remote. They should both be hooked up to the phone line now. Go Menu>6>diagnostics and check connection button. It should say Phone OK. Let us know how it goes.

I found my problem time to break out the mousetrap little sh*t chewed through one wire going to one receiver and partially through the other all fixed now and back to normal also just caught the mouse so hopefully problem solved at least for now.

I found my problem time to break out the mousetrap little sh*t chewed through one wire going to one receiver and partially through the other all fixed now and back to normal also just caught the mouse so hopefully problem solved at least for now.

you really should feed your mice better so they leave your phone lines alone:)

Think peanuts, sunflowers etc:)

Mobile Sling Issue