Peaking dish for G 10R, which transponder to use??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

timmy1376

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2004
Manhattan, KS
Guys, I am wanting to setup my dish for G 10R so I can watch the Royals Sunday, but not sure what transponder I should set the program on for getting signal? Can someone tell me the best transpnder to use to peak it?

I am using a PCI card, and will probably use ProgDVB :D

after you pick up 12114, try 12104v 2583 to peak the dish (this is one of the weaker signals). By peaking on the weaker one, you will adherently pick up the other ones even better.

Wasn't able to get anything tonight. I may have a tree issue at the west end of the house. I am going to try again tomorrow out in the yard to where I know I have a better angle.

I am so frustrated, because I was sure able to pickup IA5 sooo easily by myself yesterday, and even with my wifes help, I cannot get G 10R.

I just had to do the same thing a couple of days ago after the wife accidentally thwacked my G10R dish.

First, I used 12114 V, a strong signal, to make sure I had the dish in the neighborhood.

Once that was in pretty good shape, I used 11720 V, the weak signal that includes The Tube and other channels I care about, to adjust the dish to peak position.

Cascade is going to test my card for me. I also hope I didn't screw up my dish by painting it with the Krylon Fusion Flat Black. I didn't even sinff quality with G10R, and breifly had quality on IA5, but never got it back.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Anyone willing to help - wanting to borrow usb receiver/STB receiver

Fortec Star 100cm

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts