PBS etc on AMC3 w/ Twinhan 102g

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Shawn95GT said:
I think I remeber PSB talking about having been able to see Amazonas.

PAS9 is as far as I can see east - but that is due to houses / fences etc in the way :). If I could get a motorized dish on the roof I'd also have a perfect south view H to H.

Nahuel's beam is to Argentina / LAC. I think we are in the wrong hemisphere to see it ;). It's worth swing'n the dish that way and seeing what you can see.

I'll give it a shot tonight. I'll even dial in 71.8 for the position :).

AMC6 on the other hand....

I was thinking of PAS9 as well; that a bit more likely? I'm not (geographically speaking) that far away from you, so I should have a shot at it if you can see it...

Thanks everyone for the Nahuel info ;) I was going nuts thinking my line of sight had a blind spot or something, lol.. should just research more before trying so hard, I guess.

I do have a Universal... though it's only a 0.6dB, and so widebanded it covers the DTV birds, so I don't know if it can drag in PAS9. Any recommendations on a really good strong transponder to lock in on there?

Yay, I found PAS9! TY, Pete. Now if only there were something ON it.. lol.
Some test cards, and one foreign station... well, at least it comes in good.

Now to head in the other direction and try for NSS5!

I would wait until the weekend, gets busy then.........nice find! I am on this bird 24/7 these days : )

Looks like the beams won't cooperate for NSS5, Intelsat 701, etc. Wish there was something closer in PAS9's area; I get better quality off that than I do some G10 transponders :p

Now have PBS in GREAT! Yay!

My arc seems great, but I have to slide the LNB all the way forward for higher quality. Cascade tells me this is a sign my dish is either too high or too low, but he forgets which. If corrected, I'd actually use the full reflector instead of only a piece, as I must be now with the lnb slid all the way forward.... help! Up or down? :)
TIA

PSB:
I get 4 test cards, a cuban station, and a scrambled channel on PAS9. Am I not picking something up, or do you hang out 24/7 on there for the cuban station? :)
BTW...
"PSB has exceeded their stored private messages quota and can not accept further messages until they clear some space."

Whoops! You are using a Universal LNBF right. You may have to enter it manually. Will clear the PM.

PSB said:
Whoops! You are using a Universal LNBF right. You may have to enter it manually. Will clear the PM.

Enter what manually?

And any word on the dish adjustment issue?

Enter the coordinates manually for the channel you can't get....

Freq.
Polarity
S/R.
Video
Audio
PCR

As for the dish adjustment I have never heard of this phenomenon : ) I usually have the LNBF as far away from the dish as it will go, point the dish, then adjust the focal distance and skew......

I use a satellite pc card (Twinhan 102g) so entering things in "manually" is foreign to me. All the transponders are loaded into the program, it just scans for what's there. According to http://www.lyngsat.com/pas9.html it seems like I found everything there is to find; 4 test cards, a scrambled channel, an a cuban station. Hence my asking what you watch on there "24/7"... is there more there on Ku that I'm just not seeing?

Sure is! But I will not be posting the details here.
(check your PM and I will send you a one)

Lyngsat (updated daily) must have removed the other channels that were listed there just a few days ago. But I mostly scan for feeds....

Cards are GREAT, but blind scan is an amazing tool!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Props to the Mods

Telstar 12 set up on Pansat 2500

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts