Pansat2500A with HH90 FTA tuning help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

usvajs

Original poster
Nov 11, 2004
Hi, I am a newbie in this forum. Pardon me if my situation has been discussed in the past. Currently, I have a Pansat 2500A with a HH90 motor, and a Fortecstar 80CM dish.

My location is in northern virginia, with zip code of 22182.

Latitude 38.9354N Longitude 77.2721W

According to the HH90 motor's instruction manual, I am using USALS installation mode. The motor's latitude is set to 39 degree and the dish elevation is set to about 40degree.

The dish is pole mounted and facing south when installed.

The satellite I am trying to focus is Galaxy 13/Horizons1 at 127W. The transponder I am interested in is: 11720 H. http://www.lyngsat.com/g13h1.html

First of all, the Pansat2500A doesn't have G13/H1 in the satellite list. I attempted to add a new satellite, the transponder downstream frequency is set to 11720 MHz, Symbol rate set to 26.800Msps, and polarity is set to H. Are these settings correct?

I moved the dish to the satellite, I am getting 76% level but with no quality signals at all. I even moved the dish left and right, still no help at all. What did I do wrong?

Please help!

Are you sure you are at the right satellite. Most of the time, if a satellite signal not there on the east or west side, the dish or the motor angle set too high or too low.

And I think the booklet come with the motor or from Pansat, is part right and part wrong on setting.

You are probably right, my dish's angle does look too close to horizon based on the setting given by the motor manual. But how do I find out what's the right elevation for my location in USALS mode?

TIA

sksatellite said:
Are you sure you are at the right satellite. Most of the time, if a satellite signal not there on the east or west side, the dish or the motor angle set too high or too low.

And I think the booklet come with the motor or from Pansat, is part right and part wrong on setting.

Sadoun is a great place to start, I have never installed an HH90 Motor, I know the Fortec Star Lifetime Ultra has G13/H1 listed, if the Pansat does not have it listed you could use G9 as it also was/is at 127W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New software for Pansat 2500a

RTP channel's frequency

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts