Status
Please reply by conversation.

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Ok, now that I have got my new 3500 setup, everthing is working great except 1 thing

I can't get it into 16:9 mode. I have changed the setting in user settings, rebooted, everything, no change. Anyone else run into this?

I guess I also have one more question and I am comparing this receiver to my merc II.

When I do a blind scan, the 3500 seems to start scanning immediatly eventhough the dish needs to move. With the merc II, it would always tell me it was moving the dish, then start scanning. Is there a way for the 3500 to do this?

I'm not sure what you mean by 16:9 mode? With my Pansat, if I use 16:9 mode, which is found in the Setup Menu, under Aspect Ratio, It gives me a 4:3 picture, with sidebars on either side on my Widescreen set. If I use 4:3 mode, it stretches the picture to fill in my Widescreen set. I don't have to reboot to change it.
The Pansat is notorious for starting a scan before it gets to the satellite. Once you've gotten the satellite programmed into the Pansat, if you go to the satellite first, then start the scan, you won't miss anything. I always go to the satellite before I start a scan. Of course all the satellites are already programmed in mine so I'm not starting from scratch.

Al

I'm not sure what you mean by 16:9 mode? With my Pansat, if I use 16:9 mode, which is found in the Setup Menu, under Aspect Ratio, It gives me a 4:3 picture, with sidebars on either side on my Widescreen set. If I use 4:3 mode, it stretches the picture to fill in my Widescreen set. I don't have to reboot to change it.
The Pansat is notorious for starting a scan before it gets to the satellite. Once you've gotten the satellite programmed into the Pansat, if you go to the satellite first, then start the scan, you won't miss anything. I always go to the satellite before I start a scan. Of course all the satellites are already programmed in mine so I'm not starting from scratch.

Al

Voom, ok I get it now, I never even tried it on 4:3 mode as I figured that is what I was already seeing. I want the 4:3 pic to fill my 16:9 tv. :) That was all it took, DUH!

yeah, I kinda figured out the second part on the blind scan. Not a big deal, just threw me for a bit as I was on a merc II that did it differently.

Overall, I love this receiver. Loaded up a bunch of my kids MP3's now they can play them in the family room without a big hassle, much easier to edit the channels with the SD card.

I like it so much, I am just put my merc II up in the classifieds!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

setting up dvb 1025 pci card

Need Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)