Status
Please reply by conversation.

Xevious2K

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 18, 2005
Guilford, CT
Happy Friday All!!!

OK, I finally get my dish setup somewhat correctly with the motor, (I had to use a few shipping straps to get it plumb). I'm tracking the belt pretty well and I'll finish the tweaking and plumbing this weekend.

I have 3 questions for you all today...

1. IA8 (T-8) is not in the receiver, I tried adding the Satellite manually, but I don't know what to enter in the transponder screen. What is the best way to add this, (or any), satellite?

2. When I scan for channels on a satellite, it never finds anything. In order to find channels I have to do the following...
a. Goto Install screen and select satellite.
b. Setup the LNB type, DiSEqc port, and Motor.
c. Press OK on the Motor and select Move
d. Back on the Ant Setup Screen, Scan for FTA Only (This is the part that never finds any channels)
e. Exit the Ant Setup Screen
f. Select Smart Search from the install Menu
g. Scan for FTA Only. (Then is finds transponders and channels)
Is there a better way?

3. Should I be using Universal 1 or Universal 2 for the LNB Setting?

As Always, Thanks for the help. I couldn't do this without this fourm.

What type LNB are you using? Make & Model# ?

The Universal 1 and 2 have different operating frequencies.

Happy Friday All!!!

OK, I finally get my dish setup somewhat correctly with the motor, (I had to use a few shipping straps to get it plumb). I'm tracking the belt pretty well and I'll finish the tweaking and plumbing this weekend.

I have 3 questions for you all today...

1. IA8 (T-8) is not in the receiver, I tried adding the Satellite manually, but I don't know what to enter in the transponder screen. What is the best way to add this, (or any), satellite?
To add satellite, go to “install” then the last one “edit satellite/tp” and add a satellite. For IA8, use the following transponder. It’s a test card
V

2. When I scan for channels on a satellite, it never finds anything. In order to find channels I have to do the following...
a. Goto Install screen and select satellite.
b. Setup the LNB type, DiSEqc port, and Motor.
c. Press OK on the Motor and select Move
d. Back on the Ant Setup Screen, Scan for FTA Only (This is the part that never finds any channels)
e. Exit the Ant Setup Screen
f. Select Smart Search from the install Menu
g. Scan for FTA Only. (Then is finds transponders and channels)
Is there a better way?
Once you have the satellite (I am assuming you are using Diseqc 1.2), go up to the top where it says “null” and change that to something else (like 27) and save it. Change the top number for each position you change to (each satellite would have its own position). Then when you want to blind scan, I usually go to the setup (like you are) but wait for the dish to move, then back out and do smart search.

3. Should I be using Universal 1 or Universal 2 for the LNB Setting?
What kind of LNB?

The LNB is the Fortec Star 0.4 db, I'm not sure of the model # Exactally, but I think it is a FSKU or something like that. I'll double check tonight when I get home.

Thanks for the other answers, I'll try tonight and post my results. Is there a way to download an updated satellite list to the receiver using either the cable or SmartD slot? Or, is this part of the firmware updates?

Thanks Again

Fortec is a Universal. You can do it 2 ways

-Universal 1
-Standard with LO frequency of 10600 and 22K on. This makes scanning faster as it doesn’t have to scan the low band. Only Pas9 has a low band..

I thought standard was only used for circular LNB's

OH, and which way will produce better results, (or more channels)?

I thought standard was only used for circular LNB's
No. Standard KU band LNB’s and DBS are both standard. The LO frequency is different (10750 for KU, 11250 for DBS)

OH, and which way will produce better results, (or more channels
Other than PAS9, they are the same.

PAS9 uses the lo band so that’s where the Universal is needed. All other satellites in N America only use the high band. I use the 10600 22k theory because when you scan a satellite with the LNB labeled as Universal it goes

Low V
Low H
High V
High H

Make it a standard with 10600/22K on and it skips the low bands when scanning.

Iceberg said:
-Universal 1
-Standard with LO frequency of 10600 and 22K on. This makes scanning faster as it doesn’t have to scan the low band. Only Pas9 has a low band..

:clap

That is a new one to me... Is this also possible with 2500A and Invacom .3db Single?

yes...this will work with all Universal LNB's

you just change it to Standard LNB, LO of 10600 and trun 22K on

Thanks Iceberg,
All this time and I have been scanning the low band every time.

Yet another great tip... looks like its time to donate again :hatsoff:

Thanks to summer hours, I got home around 3. I checked and my LNB is a FSKU-V just to be more specific.

It's not that I doubt Iceberg, but I just wanted to check for myself, so I did a quick comparison and here are the results...

ON SBS-6 LNB Set to Universal 2 I found 12 TP's and 10 Channels
ON SBS-6 LNB Set to Standard LO 10600 22K on I found 11 TP's and 12 Channels

Both Settings Found ONN and the same other 9 channels, but only the second settings found 2 additional channels. Both were wild feeds, so they could have appeared at any time.

ON AMC-6 LNB Set to Universal 2 I found 7 TP's and 1 Channels
ON AMC-6 LNB Set to Standard LO 10600 22K on I found 6 TP's and 1 Channels

The same channel was found on both settings.

So the main gain here is time. It's 33% to 50% faster to smart search, (or blind scan), with the second settings with no channel loss.

This is proof enough for me that there is truth to these settings and I will use them in the future. Thanks for the info Iceberg.

Xevious2K said:
That's good to know, I've been considering the qph-031. Thanks Iceberg.

The QPH Invacom LNBF (the one that does both circular and linear) is a standard, so you would set it up as:

Circular portion - Standard, L.O. 11250
Linear portion - Standard, L.O. 10750

The linear portion on this Invacom is standard, not universal. It's a bit strange, since all other Invacoms I know of are universals.

I'm trying to understand all this as well as get it all straight, so please bear with me...
Tron said:
Circular portion - Standard, L.O. 11250
Linear portion - Standard, L.O. 10750
1. What is the L.O. number?

2. Iceberg said to set the L.O. at 10600 and Tron at 10750. Why the difference?

3. With the Invacom QPH-031, Should 22K be On or Off?

4. And Finally, What exactally does turning 22K On do?

1. L.O. Stands for Local oscillator This value is entered in the antenna setup screen.

2. 10750 is the correct L.O. for the linear side of the QPH-031 LNBF

3. The 22KHz should be OFF when using the QPH-031 as its a Standard LNBF on the Linear side.

4. The 22KHz tone is used to switch a universal LNBF between low to high band.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

need help with pansat 2700a receiver

help with channels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)