Status
Please reply by conversation.

derdude

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 10, 2004
Hello,
I have a Pansat 330A receiver that I am trying to add "User Added" satellites. In the instructions from Pansat it does say to choose "User" to add a satellite.
My problem is that I do not see "User" in the list. I have upgraded the software to version 330A-11a. I do not recall if that option was there before the software upgrade.
Has anybody else seen this before? Any tips on adding new satellites?

Thanks...

I only know how to on the 2500a but there might be similarities...

On mine I first go to "Edit TP/Satellite" then that brings me to a list of satellites. At the bottom is "New" but the 2500a only has room for 2 user-defined satellites, so save those for a good occasion. Alternatively you can edit its predefined satellites and completely redefine them. So I select one of its C-band definitions and rename it, then select the newly renamed satellite and edit its transponders. I usually delete all but one of its old transponders and edit that one to a known working one. Then I go into "Antenna Setup" and change the LO for that satellite to my standard Ku LNBF LO (10750). Then go ito its USALS settings and change its position from its old predefined position to the right one. Once I get a signal on the transponder I defined earlier I go back and add others or do a blind scan.

What Tuxcader said is almost exactly right for the 330A except you access the Sat menu from the LNB CONFIGURATION screen found in the INSTALLATION menu. Like he said just change one of the sats you dont use which only involves changing the name and if it was Cband change the low frequency to 10750.

Adding New Satellites in the Pansat 330A Digital Satellite Receiver

1) Turn the receiver’s power ON.
2) Press the MENU button.
3) Go to “INSTALLATION” and press the ENTER button (?).
4) Go to “ LNB CONFIGURATION” and press the ENTER button.
5) Using either ? or ? channel buttons, scroll through all the pre-programmed satellites until you find the word “USER” and press the “ENTER” button.
6) Press the ? VOLUME button to add the satellite.
7) Press the “ENTER” button again to confirm the addition of the new satellite.
8) Press the CHANNEL ? button to go to the slot requesting the satellite name.
9) Enter the new satellite name by pressing the correct buttons in the remote control (Each button has designated letters available to choose from).
10) When entering the L/O frequency, choose the “HIGH L.O.” slot only and enter the following numbers: For C-Band = 5150, and for Ku-Band = 10750.
11) Once you have entered the correct L/O frequency, press the “EXIT” button.
12) Go to “TP EDIT/SCAN” and press the “ENTER” button.
13) Enter the new frequencies, polarities, and symbol rates that belong to the newly entered satellite.
14) Once you have completed entering all the new information, press the “EXIT” button.
15) Go to “ANTENNA SETUP” and press the “ENTER” button.
16) Using either the ? or ? VOLUME button, find the satellite you have just entered and try to get the highest signal possible by checking the strength on the “QUALITY” signal.
17) Once you have found the strongest “QUALITY” signal possible, press the “EXIT” button.
18) Go to “SATELLITE SCAN” and press the “ENTER” button.
19) “SCAN MODE” should be highlighted together with the word “FREE + SCRAMBLED” (Make sure the correct satellite name is showing on the screen before scanning the signal) press the “ENTER” button to start scanning.
20) The receiver will show the word “SATELLITE SCAN IS DONE – PRESS (?) KEY”. Press the ENTER button to complete the scan mode.
21) When completed, the receiver will highlight the last channel found, or you can also scroll ? or ? and choose the channel you are interested in).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New FTA hobbiest!

Success!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)