Pansat 2500A : Is it worth it to upgrade firmware ?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

barney_555

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
Québec, Canada
Hi to all ! This site is great ! I'm new to FTA, I have my system since 2 weeks and it's a great hobby, but you need some patience...

Here's my question : I have a Pantec Ultra programmed as a Pansat 2500A. System info: Sv: 2.24N Bt 6.0 30 july 2004. There is a 2.35 version upgrade on the Pansat site. Is it worth it to update ? What is fixed-added ?

I have the option to flash to Fortec Ultra also. What do you think ?

I like the receiver like it is but I would like an indication when my motor move and easier channel editing. Also, the clock is not stable, after 1 day it's 1 hour offset.

Thank you for all !

Pantec

my Pansat 2700 has same prob with time clock, dont know about upgrades relative to time clock, have big wall clock, easier to see.

I have the 2.35 and I really haven't seen much that is different than the previous version I had. The clock still doesn't keep time very well, and the channel list editing is the same.

When I upgraded to 2.35, I didn't lose my channel list. Previous upgrades reset the unit and I had to re-scan every satellite. So if you do decide to upgrade, you won't hurt anything. It would be nice if Pansat put on their website what changes they made in the updates.

barney_555 said:
Hi to all ! This site is great ! I'm new to FTA, I have my system since 2 weeks and it's a great hobby, but you need some patience...

Here's my question : I have a Pantec Ultra programmed as a Pansat 2500A. System info: Sv: 2.24N Bt 6.0 30 july 2004. There is a 2.35 version upgrade on the Pansat site. Is it worth it to update ? What is fixed-added ?

I have the option to flash to Fortec Ultra also. What do you think ?

I like the receiver like it is but I would like an indication when my motor move and easier channel editing. Also, the clock is not stable, after 1 day it's 1 hour offset.

Thank you for all !

bienvenue aux satelliteguys :wave
(Thats about all the french I know :)

Sadly, most Pansats have the clock issue (my 1500 is one of them). It isnt real time, they get it off a satellite. The Pansat 3500 DOES have a real time clock.

You can upgrade it but be warned. I have heard that you lose all channels (although not confirmed). You might want to use "GTools" to download the channel list to the computer so when you upgrade software you can reload it back to the unit.

I havent worked with a Fortec but its pretty much the same as a Pansat

barney_555 said:
Thank you Iceberg.

A thing I would like is an indication that my motor is running: east-west.

I know the 1500 doesnt have any indication
The 3500 when doing a blind scan says "moving to XXXXXX" (satellite)
When the unit moves because I am changing satellites, the 3500 doesnt say anything

Status
Please reply by conversation.

FSS Digital KU LNBF

Computer Requirments for DVB Card

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts