Pansat 2500

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Belkys1000

Original poster
Oct 13, 2004
Did I do something wrong/
I saw the thread I posted 5 min ago, it was viewed by 4 members, and now is completely gone.
Please help

Usually that means you posted something you shouldn't have. There is no hack talk or related allowed on this site.

I did not say anything wrong,
I did not offend anyone either,
All I want to know if I could use a qty 2 36inches dishes, with 2 old RCA lnb's, with a Pansat to get 110/119.
What is so wrong about that?
I thank you for your response anyways
Belkys

Belkys1000 said:
I did not say anything wrong,
Right, wrong, who's to say...
I did not offend anyone either,
I believe you there.
All I want to know if I could use a qty 2 36inches dishes, with 2 old RCA lnb's, with a Pansat to get 110/119.
What is so wrong about that?
Well herein lies the problem. I'll bet anything you're not thinking of going through all the trouble and cost of setting all that up just to get the < 10 free channels on those satellites. More likely you're wanting to alter the 2500 to steal their encrypted channels without paying for them, which is illegal. Discussion of such is not tolerated here.
I thank you for your response anyways
Belkys
You're quite welcome, always glad to be informative to others.

Because using a pansat to receive programing fron 110/119 that you are not paying for would involve hacking and hack talk is not allowed on this forum.

Sorry to all of you !

I admit I was after all musical channels. I also was told that those channels are free to air.
So again, sorry and thank you.

We have to give new members the benefit of the doubt, I did not remove the original post but I see nothing wrong so far, welcome to the forum Belkys1000 sorry for the hostile welcome we have been flooded with Panshat hackers recently and some times we just over do it!.

I'm sorry I didnt see this before I went to lunch, or I would have nipped this in the butt

Belkys, If all you are trying to get is the audio channels on Dish 119, yes that shouldnt be a problem. There are a couple other channels FTA too, like NASA and Angel One. Gol TV is on 110, but there isnt much FTA on 110.

However, if you have downloaded an illegal program into the 2500 to receive Dish Network programming illegally, that is considered hacking and it is not condoned here.

PSB is right. We have had a flood of people coming on this board and asking how to illegally get Dish Network programming. When they register, it clearly says "Satelliteguys.us is NOT a hack site". Those posts usually are closed, deleted, or vaporized. But we cannot assume someone is a hacker unless in their post they bluntly ask how to do that. According to the post below I see no issues. Sometimes I can get it out of them by asking what you want to pick up and they'll say. I will admit I have jumped the gun a few times, but assuming isn't always the best option.

And to some of the posters on here (I'm not naming names), some of you have been on here for a while and help out greatly. However, with all new posters in the Free to Air area, no matter how simple the question is or whether it has been asked 100 times, unless it is a blatant hack question, PLEASE make them feel at home. I'd like to have the biggest and best FTA section, but when veteran posters put down the newbies, it makes us look bad and people won't want to come over here. Frankly that crap has to stop. On any given day, there can be 60-100 people browsing the forum, yet few members. If I was getting into FTA and wanted to know more, if I came here and saw stuff like "go away" and making people feel bad, I sure as heck wouldn't want to come here.

Sorry for jumping on the soapbox, but sometimes it has to be said. If you feel a post shouldn't be there, hit the "!" in the red triangle in the post. That reports the post to all mods for the area to check out the post.

-Berg

In my defense, I was basing my information on the fact that the user's previous thread had been deleted entirely (for good reason, I assumed). I've seen threads/posts that have been vaporized, and I've seen threads that have been merely closed. The deleted ones are usually the most incriminating. But in the future I'll try to wait it out a little longer, and try to get more input from the poster. And in my post above, rather than outright assuming, I was more in a gambling mood ("I'll bet anything...") so I would have lost whatever 'anything' is. :)

My apologies to Belkys1000.

whats weird is I never saw the original post either...just this one.

If its deleted, mods can still "see" the post, but if they are vaporized, their gone.

Well I spent the last few hours tonight playing with an old RCA DSS and a DirecPC Triple LNB Dish to see what it would get FTA.

Pointing at 110/119 using the DirecTV LNB and the DSS RCA 18" Dish.

Aside from getting a bunch of Barkers and the Free Music Channels that Belkys1000 was interested in, I also found the following that was in the clear:

SAT 110:

Video:

GOL-TV
11840 V SR 20.000
(No secondary audio)

TV 19006 (This is the same Election/Debate 6 screen as Dish interactive TV 100)
11986 V SR 20.000
(Has 6 Alternate Audio Channels - One For each screen)

Audio:

Radio 19060
12029 H SR 20.000

Radio 100
Radio 9998
Radio 19000 (All the same)
12131 V SR 20.000

SAT 119:

Video:

GOL-TV
12341 V SR 20.000
(Secondary Audio Channel in English)

Sat 61.5
International Barker
(Didn't record channel info - Sorry)

Thats all. I was getting cold.

It's good you found the election showcase channel. It hasn't even been reported on dishchannelchart.com yet, that I can tell. Do you already have it in your E* receivers' channel 100 menu?

I had added a DBS LNB to my motorized 76cm dish alongside my Ku LNB a few weeks ago. I put it on the right (westward) side so for the signal to reflect properly I had to shift all the DBS satellite motor positions about 6.5 degrees west of where they really are. Then when going through all the DBS satellites I noticed 148 is out of range for my motor.

Fast forward to this week when I see that AMC-15 will be tested at 136. Last night I was checking the motor to see if it will get 136, and in fact it will go to 144.4. Then I get a revelation, how about moving the DBS LNB to the other side of the Ku LNB. :) That way, the motor will need turned 6.5 or however many degrees to the east of the real location, thus bringing the 148 DBS slot to just within my motor's range at 141.5 or so. :D

Hopefully this slightly OT babbling didn't bore most of you. Perhaps someone else out there has a similar "secondary LNB motoring close call" preventing just one more slot from showing up and could benefit from my "Mr. Obvious" moment.

that's a good idea if you have an motor issue like that :)

I guess I lucked out...I can see 148 all the way to 34.5W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Updating Software on 3618

WB on G11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)