Pacific time

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redvette

Original poster
Aug 28, 2005
Hi Gang

New to this forum but not new to Directv. I have been with DTV for some time but I recently added another DVR. So I called them up and registered it. No problem everything went smooth, but when I went to the menu the time is off 1 hour, ahead. So I called them up and told them about this problem, and she did a few things and I disconnected and did that little routine a few times, but it remained the incorrect time. So she said there is nothing more she could do so she is turning the problem to the higher ups so they can figure it out, and I will be called or e-mailed when they come up with a fix, which could take up to 2 weeks.

Just curious, has any one else run across this problem.? I find it hard to believe I am the first one that has had this problem. I did the correct setting for the Pacific time and the daylight savings time and all that several times, nothing changes. Is there a simple solution for this.? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.............Gunny

redvette said:
Hi Gang

New to this forum but not new to Directv. I have been with DTV for some time but I recently added another DVR. So I called them up and registered it. No problem everything went smooth, but when I went to the menu the time is off 1 hour, ahead. So I called them up and told them about this problem, and she did a few things and I disconnected and did that little routine a few times, but it remained the incorrect time. So she said there is nothing more she could do so she is turning the problem to the higher ups so they can figure it out, and I will be called or e-mailed when they come up with a fix, which could take up to 2 weeks.

Just curious, has any one else run across this problem.? I find it hard to believe I am the first one that has had this problem. I did the correct setting for the Pacific time and the daylight savings time and all that several times, nothing changes. Is there a simple solution for this.? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.............Gunny

DTiVo's allow you to manually override the time zone. It's under Messages & Setup/Satellite/Time Zone/Daylight Saving. If you've set everything correctly but it is an hour ahead, setting it to Alaska time might be the solution.

Have you made your daily call? It will setup the time when you do that.

correct time

Hi

Thanks for the info. I set it for the Alaska time and it is right now. Sort of a left field fix but it worked. I don't have a phone line connected to it, it gets all its info from the Sat.

I am wondering if I should notify DTV about the Alaska fix or not. It just blows my mind to think with as many subscribers as they have that this problem has not been addressed before. It just has to have been. It just seems funny I will go into the record books as being the first one with not the correct time. And taking up to 2 weeks to correct it, boy they sure must be backlogged with problems. One nice thing is the lady on the other end was very nice, and tried her best to correct it.

The funny thing is the first time they connected me all I could get was channels 200 and 201. I had too call back and redo the connection to get all the channels I was supposed to get........ :confused:

Take care.............Gunny

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Advice on pre-wiring for new D* equipment

30 sec skip and NFL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)