OTA with 722, 722K and or 652-please explain

KWarner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 3, 2009
St. Louis
Can someone explain how this works to me? What is the best dvr to add the ota signals to? Do I need a rooftop antenna or do I just attach a "rabbit ears" type antenna with a coaxial cable to the back of the dvr? Do I need any other hardware? Does this then intergrate into my programming menu?

Finally, does this give me the option to record more than 2 streams at once, and does it cost more?

Any advice would be appreciated

I don't think the 722 has an opening for the OTA module, only the 722k.

Antennas all depend on your location, but the OTA module is very nicely done.

No other hardware is necessary IMO.

All locals will show up in the guide, not all schedules will however.

You can record an additional stream from the over the air module with no additional fees.

I'm sure someone else will come along and clarify, add and correct my mistakes but I thought I would try and help.

As said above, outdoor antenna vs. rabbit ears is all a matter of location & how far away you are from the TV broadcasters. I have to have an outdoor antenna with an amplifier 10 feet above my roof line, but I'm 50 miles from Washington DC. If you are close to the broadcasters, you may be able to do an indoor antenna.

The web site: AntennaWeb can help; given your zip code, it'll show you direction & distance to the TV towers & will give you info on what antenna type to use.

Any new HBO promo?

625 vs 722- Need advice

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)