Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fgsilva

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 10, 2004
Vallejo, CA
Hi,

anybody in the Davis/sacramento area with Direct or Dish? I'll be moving to the area and I wanted to know about getting my OTA channels. Did you have to add a big roof-top antenna or can you just get the channels all right with those antenna attachments that dish/direct sell that are attached to you dish?

Thanks!

Hey there Francisco,

Well I live in Rocklin and subscribe to E* (Dish) and the best thing for you to do is to use this site: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx . Put in the address of where you are looking to buy and then you can determine what type of antenna you will need to pull in your OTA channels. For me I live quite a way from the towers so I have an antenna installed on my roof line, but I have a friend who lives off of HWY 50 and is able to pull in all of the OTA channels with a Zenith Silver Sensor antenna. Hope this helps you out.

Hi and Thanks!

I know of the web site you mentioned and it says I can use antennas in the green type. Because both Davis and Sacramento are quite flat and really close to the towers I thought that maybe just an indoor antenna would do the trick (I know it does for the regular channels). Well, I guess I'll find out more once I move! :)

thanks!

way2rude4u said:
Hey there Francisco,

Well I live in Rocklin and subscribe to E* (Dish) and the best thing for you to do is to use this site: http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx . Put in the address of where you are looking to buy and then you can determine what type of antenna you will need to pull in your OTA channels. For me I live quite a way from the towers so I have an antenna installed on my roof line, but I have a friend who lives off of HWY 50 and is able to pull in all of the OTA channels with a Zenith Silver Sensor antenna. Hope this helps you out.

If you are within a few miles give the Zenith Silver Sensor a shot, the FCC recommends and uses that for some urban testing; many get great results with it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv and dish in partnership

HR10-250 Keeps Re-booting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)