Ordered HR20 - Easy Install?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sevencycles

Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
Hi Everyone,
Great Forum.
I just ordered 2 HR20s from valuelectronics.com. They seem like good guys from reading a number of posts over the last few weeks.

I have DirecTV installed and I'm using their HD receiver, a 5lnb dish, but they told me today that they may not have the HR20s available to meet the waiting list until January. So I have a newbie question?

Can I just open the box and plug it in? I guess I have to call DirecTV to activate the DVR service, but is it as easy as that?

thanks!

Easy, once you get them just call to activate. Took me about 10 minutes.

You will need TWO lines run to your multiswitch per each HR20 receiver. So if you don't have a WB68 switch, you'll need an installer to come out. Call D* and ask, it should be free, I think...

The HR20 is in VERY short supply. You may want to call Robert at VE tommorrow and see how long it will take to get one to you. I'm not sure if he, or ANYONE, has any stock left at this point. D* is mass-producing and most units shipping now are within a week or so of manufacturing when arriving in customers homes.

Thanks for the quick response!

The VE site said that they're expecting some more next week. Even if that's not the case, I'm not thrilled with the service from DirecTV. They can't tell me how many people are ahead of me on the waiting list or whether I'll get them this year.

Would DirecTV provide the WB68 switch for free even if I didn't end up getting that part of the equipment from them?:(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sports Pak Subscriptions

HR20-700 Polarity Problem: won't record on 2 channels at same time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)