Ordered a am21

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
The hr22 has been great, but the hd lils are a tad soft compared to ota. Decided to pick one up for sports and such when home. For $50 it ain't a bad deal.

I've got a 14 foot long by 9 foot wide UHF/VHF channelmaster in the attic. The hr20 worked great so I'm sure the am21 will. Using the swm8 and diplexers.

I just got done praising D*'s HD-lil in the other thread. Now you say this? Wow...if you think D* HD-lil is a tad soft, that must mean E*'s must really, really suck...because I thought D*'s was great! :eek:

Lets not forget, locals can and will vary from region to region. Go by what YOUR eyes tell you.

He he, tad soft compared to ota. They look great, no doubt, but i'd always recommend ota first. I had dish hd locals last year, and directv wins that pq battle.

the only two reasons I have ota is for during a rainstorm and for the few channels ota that D does not carry. that channel master antenna is a good one.

He he, tad soft compared to ota. They look great, no doubt, but i'd always recommend ota first. I had dish hd locals last year, and directv wins that pq battle.

I'd always take OTA first as well, but uncrules brought up an interesting point in my original thread. That being the fact taht OTA is mpeg2 while HD-lil is mpeg4 and takes up less space when recorded. I thought this was an excellent point in that it pertains to both the HR-series and the ViP series DVRs. All things considered, I would still record OTA instead of HD-lil on Dish because like i said, Dish HD-lil is pure rubbish. However if D* offers marginal improvement in this capacity, its something else to consider in just being to save space on the DVR without sacrificing so much in the way of quality as I would with E*...

I'd always take OTA first as well, but uncrules brought up an interesting point in my original thread. That being the fact taht OTA is mpeg2 while HD-lil is mpeg4 and takes up less space when recorded. I thought this was an excellent point in that it pertains to both the HR-series and the ViP series DVRs. All things considered, I would still record OTA instead of HD-lil on Dish because like i said, Dish HD-lil is pure rubbish. However if D* offers marginal improvement in this capacity, its something else to consider in just being to save space on the DVR without sacrificing so much in the way of quality as I would with E*...

More food for thought on the other side of the coin. OTA is rain fade proof and HD LiL isn't. What I do is record HD LiL on my living room HR20 with it's smaller hard drive and OTA in my bedroom with the HR22 and it's bigger hard drive.

Got it in 3 days, easy install. Channel changes are easy and it gets good SS that equals my tv, which is better than the HR20 did.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR23-700 with 771 error

DVR recorder programs without sat signal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)