Openbox S12

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
While searching the internet tonight I found that the Openbox S12 is now available.

Quick Details

Place of Origin: Guangdong China (Mainland)

Model Number: S12

FTA(Free To Air): Yes

Type: Digital

High Definition: Yes

Packaging & Delivery

Packaging Detail:

gift box packing,20pcs/ctn,17kg/18kg

Delivery Detail:

on time

Specifications

Openbox S12 HD,High Definition Digital Satellite Receiver,support up to 1080i,ethernet port for IKS,USB2.0/PVR,RS232 port,1xCA

Openbox S12 HD

Support MPEG4/MPEG2 HD/SD,DVB-S2/DVB-S

HDMI Video & Audio Output(576i,575p,720p,1080i)

Dolby Audio(AC3) Compliant

SCPC&MCPC Receivable from C/KU Band

DisEQC 1.0/1.1/unicable/1.2/1.3(USALS) Supported

NIT Search,MPEG-5,HDMI1.3 Supported

PVR(External USB),EPG For 7 Days

Multi-language DVB Subtitle And Teletext supported

Teletext And Subtitle Out Through OSD

Multimedia Files Playback(by USB)

Automatic And Manual Channel Scan Options

Multi-language On Menu Screen Supported(English, French, Deutsch, Spanish And Portuguese, etc)

MPEG-2/H.264 Hardware decoding

CA,10/100 Mbit Ethernet Interface

Upgrade software & Update channel database through USB 2.0 Port

Directly Bouqet-lists

0/12V

1xslot for smart card with conax

PVR for recording & playback

Time shift for automatic pause & play

USB2.0for multimedia and more…

High Definition multimedia interface

For LCD and Plasma TV

RS232 for advanced users

Connector for internet

Low power consumption standby < 1w

I just got my s10 yesterday.The electrical cord connection was a piece of junk.I could not get it to power up now matter what i did.
I ended up cutting the cord and installing a new plug.The wire was very small,but if the consumption is low,I guess it doesn't need much.
So,maybe the s12 has a better line cord,LOL
Still ,probably the best buy on the US market today.!!

so what does the S12 do that the S10 doesn't? Other than being a new number last I checked they still havent fixed simple things

maybe by the S27 it will be fixed ;)

Likely the same product from a different Chinese factory... :D

Or, to quote a line from the film 'Tron: Legacy'--

"What sort of improvements have been made in Flynn... I mean, Encom OS 12?"

"This year, we put a '12' on the box."

LOL...

Last edited:
This joke has officially passed "Free DBS" as the most hilarious FTA story now! (at least to me) ....another "new" POS? -Really??? :rolleyes:
...You can sprinkle all the cinnamon you want on a turd, and it'll STILL smell like $h*t!!! :eek: :D

Same features as my S9 which now has working PVR with newer firmware. Best DVB-S2 sat receiver I own! I only own 1 and I'm keeping it. :smug

Gotta wonder why anyone would buy a new Openbox of any version at this point (or any other brand) when the new AV Sat box is supposed to only be a matter of weeks away and its likely at the same or better price point..... Remains to be seen if it lives up to the development hype but seems it would be prudent to see what its all about before buying anything else.

I agree with you. My main disappointment, if I understand correctly, is there will be no network interface on the new box. Now having used a network interface with my S9 to manipulate via my PC the channel data, it would be hard to give that up. Once you've had something nice, hard to go back. I would probably pay whatever is necessary to have a network interface since I don't buy any electronic device anymore that doesn't. Even my TV talks to the Internet via my router.

So who's going to buy an S12 and go the 15 months waiting for working FW that has to come from a "third party"? Not me. I said 15 months because that is how long I "put up with" a "sorta' working S9. (Thankful for the polish programmer's efforts.) Me thinks the reign of the SSO is about to come to an end with the release of the MicroHD. UNLESS: they actually make one that works as advertised, from the get go. I, for one, am not holding my breath. BTW: I liked my S9, until this polish S10 FW(unlocked to also work in an S9), now I love it.

So who's going to buy an S12 and go the 15 months waiting for working FW that has to come from a "third party"? Not me. I said 15 months because that is how long I "put up with" a "sorta' working S9. (Thankful for the polish programmer's efforts.) Me thinks the reign of the SSO is about to come to an end with the release of the MicroHD. UNLESS: they actually make one that works as advertised, from the get go. I, for one, am not holding my breath. BTW: I liked my S9, until this polish S10 FW(unlocked to also work in an S9), now I love it.
So what has changed with the Polish Firmware and where can you get it?

worked in networks for a long time. was in communications since the early 60's. seen a lot of changes. have a solomend with the rg45. i figure i can get a port into the router but never got into local networks. novell and microsoft i understand. what would i do if i could hook the two together. right now i have the computer on and the receiver on and if i am looking for the satellite because my fricking acctuator don't go to the right place, i get the list up on the computer and find out a valid transponder to look for. some times the transponder on the list in the s9/solomend has a very different bit count or even the wrong polarity. thanks to the list, i get back on track. trying to get a satellite list with the valid transponders that i can see. keeps an old sailor occupied. charlie

Status
Please reply by conversation.

97W -- looking back.

Dish Reflectors - non-metal?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts