Online stores and installation

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Do any of the online retailers that have agreements to get installation done? I want to switch out my 501 (I own) and a 522 (I lease) for a 722. I'm thinking of buying the 722 to avoid a 2 year contract extension. Adding a dual tuner model to the upstairs with HD will mean running a new line up there. The current line is about 30feet long with at least 15 feet of it old RG-59 and someone with proper tools to fish stuff around will need to get involved.

I have yet to see a Dish installer who will fish anything anywhere. They want to drape ugly black cable all over the outside of your house and drill a hole as near as possible to your TV.

I have yet to see a Dish installer who will fish anything anywhere. They want to drape ugly black cable all over the outside of your house and drill a hole as near as possible to your TV.

Interior or exterior wall? How big is your attic/crawlspace? Is it at the peak or the pitched end of the roof? What type of exterior wall, is it insulated? Have you ever tried to fish an exterior wall? These are all things that customers don't think about before complaining to the installer about it. For less than $30 you can get 100ft of cable and a fishtape and do it yourself if it's really that important to you.

I have 5 RG6 cables, 4 of which are connected to a DP34 switch at the antenna, one that back feeds video to a 3 season porch. These all terminate in the basement of a split entry home. Fishing that needs to be done is a new pair of lines from the basement to the attic, then over to the top plate for the living room wall, a hole drilled or use an existing hole to drop the two coax cables down and terminate them at a wall plate.

Access to the attic from the basement is a challenge. Best bet is using the space along side the furnace vent that goes all the way up and through the roof. I'd do it myself but I simply do not have the proper tools for doing that type of work. Someone that does this type of stuff every day shouldn't have any problem.

I'll give dishstore a call.

What you pay outright for the ViP722 upgrade will likely far exceed the 24 month ETF.

It isn't unlikely that DISH will offer you a free leased upgrade.

What you pay outright for the ViP722 upgrade will likely far exceed the 24 month ETF.

It isn't unlikely that DISH will offer you a free leased upgrade.

They may offer the free upgrade, but they will want to hook me with a 24month commitment as well, and I don't feel like getting into a commitment. I don't have one now.

They may offer the free upgrade, but they will want to hook me with a 24month commitment as well, and I don't feel like getting into a commitment. I don't have one now.
Either way, you're buying yourself out of a commitment. The lease program is probably a cheaper way to go about it unless you punch out in four months or less.

722 programming issue, duplicate events

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)