trido

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 17, 2004
Southern indiana
Here is my example from tonite

I am on DISH

Game in question is the IND pacer at home against the Chicago Bulls.

Now I do live in Indiana but 175 miles south of Indianapolis,

Ok I have NBA league Pass but game is blacked out.
My RSN is Fox Sports Net Midwest as they have the Pacers games at home I guess.
Now on Dish normal FSN Midwest channel is a FOOTBALL game.

However on one of the DISH Sports ALT channel there it is Pacers game tonite on FSN MIDwest.

Someone straighten me out how is this?

Two dif shows same time on FSNM why am I blacked out on League pass but still have game on another channel?

thanks

Trido

FSNM is your local RSN and they have the rights to your game. Since FSNM is broadcasting to things at the same time, the NBA game is on an ALT and that's where you can view it.

BFG said:
FSNM is your local RSN and they have the rights to your game. Since FSNM is broadcasting to things at the same time, the NBA game is on an ALT and that's where you can view it.
Ok but who gets the FSNMW nba feed then just Indianpolis are people.

I guess I am asking who decided to show FSNM football or FSNMW NBA PACER game?

I see seems to be a dish issue maybe I checked my local cable company INSIGHT and they have the FSNM nba feed and not the football game

Sorry to make it all confusing

Trido

Well because the RSN coverage doesn't match the NBA teams coverage what will happen is sometimes the RSN will broadcast two things at the same time, so cable systems outside the NBA market can still broadcast something on their channel. With dish they carry the primary RSN channel, which tonight happens to be showing football. So dish throws the NBA game on an Alternate channel,

I live close to Chicago and the Bulls games are on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, which Dish does not carry. Now the game on league pass is blacked out and the same game on the alternate channel is also blacked out, yet the Bulls game against the nets last night was not blacked out, somebody please explain that to me.

the alternate channel is for the pacers market not the bulls, so no game tonight, sorry...

BFG said:
the alternate channel is for the pacers market not the bulls, so no game tonight, sorry...

Well since the BULLS are away tonite HE should NOT be blacked out via his NBA LEAGUE pass

Cause I get all the Pacers AWAY games via League Pass.

I assume I have that right I had the pacers away games so far.

Your never blacked out on your home teams AWAY games are you?

Trido

hmm, now that doesn't make sense to me. You should be blacked out regardless if they are home or away. The only thing i could possible see is that perhaps when they were away there was no local coverage?

fifa51886 said:
So I purchased league pass to watch the bulls and i can't watch them.

League pass is for watching out of market teams. So if the bulls are your home team then there's no point in getting NBA League Pass.

I had last nights home game against the nets and that game also had local coverage in Chicago. I am about 90 miles away from Chicago.

BFG said:
hmm, now that doesn't make sense to me. You should be blacked out regardless if they are home or away. The only thing i could possible see is that perhaps when they were away there was no local coverage?
I was thinking that example FSMW doesnt show the Pacers AWAY games.

Yes maybe this will help

Sat 6 Chicago 8:00pm FSMW NBALP
Tue 9 @ Minnesota 8:00pm WB4 NBATVHighDef
Wed 10 L.A. Clippers 7:00pm FSMW NBALP
Fri 12 @ Philadelphia 7:00pm WB4 NBALP
Sat 13 New York 8:00pm WB4 NBALP
Wed 17 Atlanta 7:00pm FSMW NBALP
Fri 19 @ Detroit 8:00pm FSMW ESPN
Sat 20 Orlando 8:00pm WB4 NBATV
Tue 23 Boston 7:00pm FSMW NBALP
Thu 25 Minnesota 8:00pm -- TNT
Fri 26 Charlotte 8:00pm FSMW NBALP
Sun 28 @ Seattle 9:00pm WB4 NBALP
Looking at above you can see that yes FSMW shows only the HOME games
So on Nba League will will be blacked out
But on AWAY game only the local Station whick is CH 4 WB4 has the away games.

Maybe this explains somewhat

Trido

fifa51886 said:
I had last nights home game against the nets and that game also had local coverage in Chicago. I am about 90 miles away from Chicago.

I think that's because Dish carried the Comcast game on an ALT last night. Hopefully they'll have the channel added permanetly by next week so things should work out.

Curve ball

what about this originaly I just had the DISH sports pkg thinking I would get alot of NBA games via all the RSN.

But think I was wrong on that and they are blacked out.

Or do i have that confues also if I had just the dish RSN pkg and within that pkg I cant think of an example well maybe doesnt a comcast sports have the 76ers games.
I think that comcast is in that pkg if I remember I would not get the 76ers game being in IND they blackout them I only get FSMW games casue thats my area.

This sound right

Strange If I pay for all those RSN I should get their games but I guess thats MAJOR LEAGUE SPorts they need all the money

Trido

I hate these stupid blackouts as well. Example:

Tonight, the Grizzlies/Mavericks game is being broadcast on my local UPN affiliate which DISH does not carry. The game is on ALT1 but is blacked out. I am left without any way of seeing the game. Very, very annoying.

If you had HD, you could see it on the HDNet Alternate channel on 9465...

I take it your not in the Dallas market, because they do carry that market's UPN

BFG said:
I think that's because Dish carried the Comcast game on an ALT last night. Hopefully they'll have the channel added permanetly by next week so things should work out.

The bulls game last night wasn't on CSN, it was on WCIU.

Can't Add Strong Digital Station on 811

Here's a question to ponder:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)