OLD LND KU/C and NEW LNB KU/C Voltage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ussexplroer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 17, 2007
I think I asked this before. But Since LNBF's, Feedhorns, and KU/C LNB come in all sortof of config throughout the years since you had LNA's with downblock converters . I need to know some voltages.

I have a new bullet KU lnb that works great with my Fortec Mercury II receiver. However, when I plug my old Thosiba Analog unit into the LNB. That picture (the feeds I find) look bad. They are broken up and horrible. So I run the old analog through the pass through port on the DVB receiver. (At the time the DVB receiver was a pansat). This worked great. the KU analog receiver picture was perfect.

So is this a voltage thing or a bad analog receiver?

I need to know this since I have a old KU/C band LNB colarotor feed horn that will go on a 6ft dish.

I see the diagrams showing a old analog receiver connected to said 6ft or bigger dish. Then two splitters and a discq switch for the dvb receiver. That is fine and great. But is the voltage still 13/18? I know the switches block the dc from one DVB receiver. So you really are not changing anything from the older existing setup accept adding in the splitters for the new receiver.

Also there is a HH motor mouted with the dish. Not that I would think this make a difference.

So for now I ordered and will try today a aspen eagle one dc power pass switch.

DVB will supply power to the LNB and the Analog will be located off the port labled TAP.

Any help or advice would be appriciated.

Thanks,

Josh

Status
Please reply by conversation.

help

Visionsat Editor Program.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)