Status
Please reply by conversation.

Dee_Ann

Angry consumer!
Original poster
May 23, 2009
Texas
Aw come on now.........

EVERY TIME... Every time I find something I LIKE, they snatch it away from me!

The channel on 99 Galaxy 16, "WVXF ThisTV" which I have discovered is operated by a company called EFN, dumped ThisTV and is now running a channel called "Live Well" in it's place. :mad: (Live Well Caribbean - Simple Healthy Choices for Healthy Lifestyles)

Ok. That's all good but really, every bleepin time??

White Springs, Equity, etc... Too many to list, so many forgotten..

Now, where else up there can I find ThisTV ??

I see it is listed as being on 87 AMC 3 but I can not find it there, at all. All scans blind, manual, forced, whatever, give me nothing for that channels. It's supposed to be on 3834 H 2734 and I have tried many times to scan it and it just does not show up.

Please tell me that it's on another satellite up there??

Sheesh........... :mad:

edit: I hit the printable list button on The List and then did a page search for "this" and found only two listings, the one that WAS on 99 and the one on 87 I can't tune in.. :(

Last edited:
ThisTV is there on 87W, I'm watching it now on the Openbox.

Scanned as 3833 (H) 2734

2734 is a rather low symbol rate, perhaps that is why you're having trouble scanning it in. Try manually adding the transponder and then doing a manual scan of that transponder.

ThisTV is there on 87W, I'm watching it now on the Openbox.

Scanned as 3833 (H) 2734

2734 is a rather low symbol rate, perhaps that is why you're having trouble scanning it in. Try manually adding the transponder and then doing a manual scan of that transponder.

No luck there. I tried scanning everything between 3830 and 3840 looking for it. Here's an animated gif of the screen. Sorry for the low quality, it's the first time I ever tried this.. :eek:

When I hit the button to initiate the actual scan it only shows the quality meter. But when I'm sitting on the screen where you can select and edit transponders and such, you can see a signal and a quality meter.

The signal meter is showing ~something~, as it's high, like 96% or so. But it's in the red because it doesn't recognize it. Or so I assume that's what the red and green means.

Oh, the system won't allow me to upload gifs, it converted them to a single frame jpg so I had to put them on another site. Sorry about that. :eek:

http://i.imgur.com/Edm67.gif

http://i.imgur.com/8Vo1V.gif

:(

Last edited:
I find that this has around the same quality as rtv and metv both on AMC3.Here this scans in on my AZbox as 3836h2734!just about the same results on my solomend box also.PS! Since you seem to like B movies Elviria has her new b and horror movies show on THIS TV sun mourning from 5 to 7 am est.I record this show on my AZbox.From the pics you show it seems that a very slight tweak of the dish should do the job.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 205
They must have recently changed to LiveWell. They had a mix of ThisTV and some syndicated shows as recent as a week or so ago.

with the signal being in the red that is the same as a 0 quality

Again you need to tweak the dish (same thing folks have said in the other thread). Its there (thisTv). Its Ac-3 audio but its there and at good quality. SHowing 65-68 on the Geosat and 6 foot dish

Phottoman said:
Right ON Iceberg.

(Ahem) How many times have I said that this dish needs tweaking?

Photto

Tweak, tweak and tweak again!

Here is a thought

Dee finds a new channel
we lose it right after that

case in point
White Springs
KUIL TV
Equity
now ThisTV Carribean

Do we REALLY want her to get 87W tuned in to find MetV, Nasa and ThisTV? ;)

I kid but hey I'm just taking what she said above :)

Somehow.... I was thinkin', "I'm glad she doesn't like the channels I love!" Yeah, just teasing, too. But don't get hooked on Dr Scott or Jimmy Swaggart!

I remember a long time ago when I was married and we had an old C-band (I didn't know how to operate it) and there was some whacky preacher named Dr. Gene Scott. I saw him one time siting on a chase loung chair in a garden in some large villa type place sipping martinis as young girls in bikinis danced around him. He had easels set up around the garden with various works of "art" that he was hawking to raise funds for his satellite bill. I think he had a cigar and a Hawaiian shirt too.

I was like "OMG...... Really???" That dude was about as far out as one could get. The stuff that guy said and did was beyond the pale. Sheesh!
I hear he has passed away and a woman is now in his place. I've seen her on 97 Galaxy 19(?) a few times. I wonder if she does the same thing except with the LaBare or Chippendale dancers? Hmmmm...

"Pastor Scott" is his widow, she still puts up his videos - every day on 97W KU

Gene Scott - & I are alumni of the same college (along with Paul Crouch). She and He are not religiously politically correct, but closer to the Word than many run of the mill preachers. ;) :rolleyes: (NOT A STATEMENT ON RELIGION just an opinion and a point of humor. Take what they say and how they say it with a pinch --- or pound --- of salt! :p:D:popcorn

Last edited:
Gene Scott - & I are alumni of the same college (along with Paul Crouch). She and He are not religiously politically correct, but closer to the Word than many run of the mill preachers. ;) :rolleyes: (NOT A STATEMENT ON RELIGION just an opinion and a point of humor. Take what they say and how they say it with a pinch --- or pound --- of salt! :p:D:popcorn

He was a ~strange~ duck for sure... :p

Doc Scott is awesome. Good TV to watch to cure if you cant sleep
[youtube]F3X-GtEnjME[/youtube]

another good one on C-Band Analog is Shepherd's Chapel (also on early mornings on some local stations). But I never seen something like this on there (go 20 seconds into the video) :)
[youtube]FMh2ctz-rFE[/youtube]

Doc Scott is awesome. Good TV to watch to cure if you cant sleep

another good one on C-Band Analog is Shepherd's Chapel (also on early mornings on some local stations). But I never seen something like this on there (go 20 seconds into the video) :)

WOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I like watching Dr Gene Scott.. I see him up on 97 West Ku now and again :) I think that it's a sentimental thing - it reminds me of the original C-Band days from years ago..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

QUICK! I need a good photo of a Huston Tracker VIII

diseqc question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)