Off air antenna.......

mrand

Original poster
Jan 11, 2005
OK, today I tried a Terk 42,44 and 55 along with a crappy RCA antenna and the best I could get 45 on the signal strength. Does this mean my local channel reception is now going to suck!!! What options do I have? I live within 20 miles of the towers, but I can't get a good signal at all. I have a tech guy coming tomorrow to help make sure I'm set-up right, but I'm worried he won't be able to help me get this antenna thing working. I'm going to try to get the Terk55 up on the roof and see if that helps, but I live in a pretty wide open area. Any ideas? Thanks.

GEt a Winegard GS2000 Sensar Antenna. It is bi-directional and much better than anything Terk has.

I agree, stay away from Terk. At 20 miles & if all the HD channels are abouve 13.....& you don't have any high buildings etc.....try a Zenith Silver Sensor indoor antenna. make sure you can take it back.
I'm using a $14 indoor Radio Shack double bow-tie & am about 16 miles from the towers. Make sure you know the direction of the towers. Here's a link:

OTA Antenna

Barney

Dish 811 or local station problem?

Hdtv Dishes???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)