oddly specific signal/picture issues - NICK channels on a 625 DVR

halord

Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
atlanta
Hi all, I am a new person here. I hope I am posting to the right area and appreciate any help you can provide.
I have a Dish Network system with a 625 model DVR. All is well until after dark each night when several channels (Nick, NickW, NickJr, and Spike) all get terribly distorted and unviewable. All other channels are fine -crystal clear perfect in fact.
I am in the Atlanta suburbs.
I have searched high and low and don't see anyone with the same issue. I figured if it was cables or the box other channels would be affected so it doesnt make sense. It is really weird because it only seems to be a problem when the sun is down.
Also, I have a 722 downstairs and the tvs on this box (both HD and not) do not have this issue at all.
Any suggestions appreciated!

thanks,
halord

This is most likely an external cable, connector or barrel issue in the line going to your 625. After dark, it is barely able to get a lock on the transponder in use for those channels. That's my guess.

Thanks!
I understand cable & connector - whats a barrel?
I was thinking of getting a high quality co-ax cable to by pass how it is currently wired from the dish right to the 625 to see if thats the issue.
I appreciate the response. It is such a weird problem... all other channels are fine all the time and these are only bad at night.
THANK YOU

Good plan on bypassing the current cable with a test RG6 cable. A barrel is the connector that goes between two separate lengths of coax. There might be no such barrel in your installation other than the grounding block barrels themselves.

NFL Network 154 map down in hawaii. Where'd it go?

When will CBS58 (WDJT) in Milwaukee be in HD on Dish?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)