Odd problem with locals on 121W

bsilvertab

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
May 12, 2004
Rockford MI
I have installed mulitple superdishes in the fast few months. I recently installed a 522 and a 322 at my grandmothers house. The receiver that is used most is the 522. Only on the local channels (Traverse City, MI) on 121 transponder 1, they occasionally breakup and loose signal for about 5-15 sec, then come back. The signal is about 80% on Transponder 1, which is great for 121. My first thought was dish movement, because I did U-bolt it to a pipe. I have never done that before, and did it as an experiment because that was where the old D* dish was. I used some undistrial strength u-bolts and used some ruber behind it, and it has yet to move. I also went up and physically moved the dish to simulate wind, without any breakups. My next thought was the cable between the dish and switch. I swaped the cables between the 121 and 119 thinking that this would draw the problem into the 119. This was not the case. It still breaks up randomly. I can even move the sat input 1 to sat input 2 and vise versa, with no results. Any thoughts? I'm thinking bad switch, or receiver. I also read a rumor of radar detectors interfering with the FSS satellites, is this true?

Thanks,
BSilvertab

Dish Interactive (Open TV) Not Coming to 921

Help with dp21 setup

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)