NSS-9 Launch on NatGeo - Worlds Toughest Fixes

Status
Please reply by conversation.

digiblur

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Jun 8, 2005
Louisiana
Anyone see the episode from last week of Worlds Toughest Fixes? They showed every part of mating the satellite with the launch vehicle, launch, tracking center, etc. It was pretty cool to see everything. They had a few parts I mashed the 30 second skip through (filler about security training), but all in all a good episode to watch for the satellite curious folks. I think they mentioned the satellite name once but the name was also all over the satellite launch room... NSS-9.

Anyone see the episode from last week of Worlds Toughest Fixes? They showed every part of mating the satellite with the launch vehicle, launch, tracking center, etc. It was pretty cool to see everything. They had a few parts I mashed the 30 second skip through (filler about security training), but all in all a good episode to watch for the satellite curious folks. I think they mentioned the satellite name once but the name was also all over the satellite launch room... NSS-9.
I never saw it on any systems screens in "Jupiter"
Only after the host said it 3 times did I see it once in the animation of the Satellite coming out of the cover in orbit.

Damn Comcast and their compression!
I got to watch it as a bitstarved 512x480i at 2Mbps
Almost no text was readable.

Saw it on a few shirts and the little placards in the control room.

Watched it on Dish on NatGeo HD here.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

scored a free dish today, story plus a question

Direcway vs WorldDIRECT Dish for RTN

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)