Status
Please reply by conversation.

Tommyboy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 25, 2004
Is a Patriot 8115 DRO, +/- 100 KHz, 15K, 3.4 - 4.2 GHz the same as a
Norsat DRO, +/- 100 KHz, 15K, 3.4 - 4.2 GHz

Norsat is $200 and a Patriot is $150 and the only reason i`m thinging of getting one is to help me get better quiaty on amc7

Tommyboy said:
Is a Patriot 8115 DRO, +/- 100 KHz, 15K, 3.4 - 4.2 GHz the same as a
Norsat DRO, +/- 100 KHz, 15K, 3.4 - 4.2 GHz

Norsat is $200 and a Patriot is $150 and the only reason i`m thinging of getting one is to help me get better quiaty on amc7

I bought my Norsat 8115 here for much less.
https://www.sateng.com/catalog/short_product_id.asp?product_id=8115

By the way if your problem is not enough signal then this won't help, the main advantage is they are extremely stable.

By the way if your problem is not enough signal then this won't help, the main advantage is they are extremely stable

singal is 72% and quilaty go`s up and down 17 to 31%

Tommyboy said:
By the way if your problem is not enough signal then this won't help, the main advantage is they are extremely stable

singal is 72% and quilaty go`s up and down 17 to 31%

If the Local oscillator drifts it could cause your quality numbers to fluctuate
or you could have dropouts. I went from a cheaper LNB that was supposed to be good for digital and it would drift like crazy in the summer so I switched to the Norsat 8115 and my signal strength went down but my quality numbers are about the same I think the gain was 65db on the cheap one and 60db on the Norsat but the with the Norsat I don't have any problems with dropouts and stuttering like I did with the cheap LNB.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Heater tape on dish for ice / snow removal

im getting ready what do you think?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)