NO HD in north eastern pa???

I read on this sight.. Dish Network - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia about living in northeast US not being able to receive HD programming because of 129 satellite. I hope thats not true.Scroll down about half way untill you see the Dish 1000 picture.

The worst case scenario is that you may have to have two dish's to pick up HD. This is not a bad option because 129 is a weak SAT. You will be able to pick-up the HD channels on 61.5. If Dish does what they say this will just be a temp solution until their all MPEG4 service is launched. Then you should be able to pick up all the channels with one 18" dish.

I guess the tech will know what to do in my case. I hope its just one dish,2 dishes is an eye sore.When will their MPEG4 be launched? Does that mean they aren useing the 129 anymore. See I told you I don't know anything about their equipment or Satellites. I've got a lot of new learning to do here.

I live in NEPA (Dallas,PA) and 61.5 is strong and fine. THat is the sat that HD, besides some on 110, that you'll receive, plus the OTA's if you have a external VHF/UHF antenna. WVIA (PBS) is now doing local HD, all others pass network at this time.

I guess the tech will know what to do in my case. I hope its just one dish,2 dishes is an eye sore.When will their MPEG4 be launched? Does that mean they aren useing the 129 anymore. See I told you I don't know anything about their equipment or Satellites. I've got a lot of new learning to do here.

Hemi,

Two satellite Dish's are the only solution for the Northeast at the moment. When the new all MPEG4 service goes live, it will be December at the earliest, more likely some time in the First Quarter of 08. 129 will NOT be the one of the Orbital slots for the new MPEG4 only service.

Currently many of the current HD channels are MPEG4 only, but as of August 15th all but a few HD channels will be MPEG4. TNTHD, DiscoveryHD, HDNet, HDNet Movies, ESPNHD, HBO HD, SHOwtime HD, and PPVHD, will be the ONLY NON HD MPEG4 channels. All Voom Channels and the rest of the Dish HD channels will be MPEG4 only.

TWO of the biggest benefits will be More space for more HD channels, and Better HD compression ratios will enable more recording time on our HD DVR's.

John

I live in NEPA (Dallas,PA) and 61.5 is strong and fine. THat is the sat that HD, besides some on 110, that you'll receive, plus the OTA's if you have a external VHF/UHF antenna. WVIA (PBS) is now doing local HD, all others pass network at this time.
So that mean you get every HD channel available that dish has?That would be great cause you are only about 45 minutes from here.

I'm in Maryland and we are also using the 61.5 Dish and have been for years. You'll do fine without 129 in the NE.

I'm in Lake Ariel. Do you get OTA local HD channels or are we too far from Scranton/WB?

Yes, I do have them OTA, have had them for several years. You need a fairly decent size outdoor antenna for both UHF and VHF (most around here only have a UHF for analog by 22 and 28 digital signals are VHF). I also know one person just a bit west of Hamlin who has been able to pick up some of the Binghamton, NY locals ota as well.

I'm from Greentown, just across from the Wayne County border. I have had Dish HD for years by using two dishes, you do need a line of sight in two different directions.
What are the 2 different directions? What are we talking ? If southwest or west. I'm in good shape. ,Can you give me the azimuth for the 2 dishes??

What are the 2 different directions? What are we talking ? If southwest or west. I'm in good shape. ,Can you give me the azimuth for the 2 dishes??

If you go to the Peak Angles screen located in the point dish screen and put in your zip code, angles are given. Mine are Az: 242, El 28 and Skew 125 using a Dish 500 for 110/119 and Az: 172, El: 40 using a Dish 300 for 61.5 (if you have to use a Dish 500 for 61.5 skew would be set at 90.)

Hemi-

The 61.5 dish will point in a south - southeast direction

The 110/119 dish will point more south - slightly south-west

They will kind of look like a "Y" shape.

FSN North HD

KCTV 5 "bleeding into" Universal HD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)