NHL network HD missing?

calvin12

Original poster
Oct 14, 2008
I just picked up the multisport pack so that I could get NHL HD. I have the HD pack. I have been watching NHL HD for a week now. When I got home from work today I put on NHL HD and the guide and banner both showed NHLHD but the programming was CNNHD. I tried the live chat on the dish site (I can post a transcript of that comedy if anyone wants a good laugh). Is anyone else getting CNNHD on 403 or 9450? I can get the SD version just fine on 403 standard, its just hte HD versions are showing CNNHD.

This was the customer service live chat I had about this, this is unedited except I can't post teh link that I had in the chat to the multisport pack web page, excuse the misspellings. He closed the chat at the end before I had a chance to further question him.

Please wait while we find a representative to assist you...
You have been connected to (03) Matthew M.
(03) Matthew M: Thank you for choosing Dish Network the leader in DVR and HD. I will be happy to assist you today. Please give me 2-3 minutes to access your account and review the information you have already provided.
(03) Matthew M: Your patience is greatly appreciated.
(03) Matthew M: I would like to inform you that to view the NHL Network you need to have America's Everything package on your account.
Joe Duider: I have the NHL network I was watching it last night, I still have the low def signal, teh HD versions are now showing CNN HD. 403 standard, NHL network, 403HD CNN HD.
Joe Duider: 9540 is also showing CNN HD. the guide says its NHL HD
Joe Duider: why?
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that NHL is not available in HD.
Joe Duider: yes it is, I was watching it last night, unless you took it off today!
Joe Duider: my guide still shows NHL HD!
(03) Matthew M: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
Joe Duider: ok
(03) Matthew M: I see that Locals in HD are available in your area.
(03) Matthew M: I'd like to inform you that your HD locals are broadcast from 61.5 satellite location. Currently, you have a Dish 1000 that looks up signals from 119, 110 and 129 locations.
(03) Matthew M: In order to receive your HD locals, you need to add a second Dish. The installation charge will be $59.95.
(03) Matthew M: You can also opt for a 24 month commitment. With this, we'll waive the installation charges.
Joe Duider: this has nothing to do with the locals
Joe Duider: its alsobroadcast on sat 129
Joe Duider: thats whre I am piching it up from
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that the NHL is not available with AT 250 package.
Joe Duider: it was yesterday
(03) Matthew M: It is available with America's everything package.
Joe Duider: Dishnetwork multisport web page link was here but I cant post links
(03) Matthew M: I understand your concern.
Joe Duider: according to your own website, it still is. I have the multisport pack its on there
Joe Duider: when was this changed?
(03) Matthew M: I am sorry to inform you that we don't have any information about that.
Joe Duider: try looking at the link I just posted, its from your website!!
(03) Matthew M: I have checked all the information.
Joe Duider: Network: NHL NETWORK HD

Channel Name: NHLN

Category: SPORTS

Description:

Satellite:

Channel:

Available in:

AMERICA'S EVERYTHING PAK
BronzeHD with PlatinumHD
DISHHD ABSOLUTE
DISHHD ABSOLUTE DHA
DISHHD ABSOLUTE WITH LOCALS
DISHHD ABSOLUTE WITH LOCALS DHA
GoldHD with PlatinumHD

(03) Matthew M: I understand your concern, however the website is not updated.
Joe Duider: MULTI SPORT
PLATINUMHD
SilverHD with PlatinumHD
Joe Duider: when was it changed? I was watching it 18 hours ago
(03) Matthew M: Do you see any error message?
Joe Duider: no I see CNN HD!
Joe Duider: thats the problem, I want to see thN HL HD that the guide says it is, and that I was watching yesterday!
(03) Matthew M: To provide you with the best service possible, I will require more time to research this. Please give me 2-3 minutes for this.
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that when a particular game is broadcasted then you will get the NHL channel in HD after you may or may not be able get them in HD.
Joe Duider: i am not getting nhlhd at all, i am seeing cnn hd in that channel
(03) Matthew M: Could you please provide me channel number?
Joe Duider: gain its 403 and 9450
(03) Matthew M: Let me inform you that NHL Network is available with America's everything package and NHL Center Ice package.
(03) Matthew M: It is not available with your package.
(03) Matthew M: In order to view the channel you need to upgrade your package.
Joe Duider: I order this on october 8th and have been watching it since then until today.
(03) Matthew M: Is there another issue that I may assist you with?
(03) Matthew M: I understand your concern, however In order to view the channel you need to upgrade your package.
Joe Duider: amazing, the phone rep I am on with is fixing the problem and is says that I do indeed have the package that contains teh channel
(03) Matthew M: I understand your concern, however In order to view the channel you need to upgrade your package.
Joe Duider: no I dont, I was just talking to your customer service on the phone while on here with you, they have CONFIRMED that we are suppoesed to get the channel in my CURRENT package!
(03) Matthew M: I'm glad we were able to take care of that for you. Thank you for being a DISH Network customer, have a great day.
Thank you for visiting Dish Network. You may now close this window.
Your session has ended. You may now close this window.

As an aside, are the on-line tech support people managing multiple conversations at once and get them all confused with each other?

That, and I'm sure they have a few special keys that spits out irrelevent, thoughtless messages as answers.

so now I get my bill and they changed my HD package any my premiums, making the bill $130 insteald of $101. I just called and got it corrected but now I no longer have NHL HD. When I signed up it said you get NHL hd with the multisport pack. This is aggrivating, now I gotta call back and try to get NHLHD back.

so now I get my bill and they changed my HD package any my premiums, making the bill $130 insteald of $101. I just called and got it corrected but now I no longer have NHL HD. When I signed up it said you get NHL hd with the multisport pack. This is aggrivating, now I gotta call back and try to get NHLHD back.

NHL HD is only available with Center Ice and Platinum HD, despite what their website says

Digital Locals (SD) in West Michigan???

DISH Renovates Website

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts