Newbie needs big help!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nyjets

Original poster
Sep 25, 2006
OK, I'm new here, and a huge newb at the whole satellite thing. The configuration at my house is weird. in my sons room, he has his own new directv plus dvr box. in the living room, this is where it gets a little weird. we have the new HD box hooked up (and this works fine), but we also have the old Samsung ts360 HD box hooked up to it. It says boot failed now. And in my master bedroom, we have the old standard directv black box. Now, in the living room, the HD box is connected directly to one satellite, but my sons and master bedrooms boxes, I think, connect to the old grey 3 prong satellite. We can't get signal strength, nothing knocked it off kilter. We can't get signal strength, everything is connected, and the samsung says boot failed. Now, the dtv CSR said to check the multi-switch. I didnt know what that was at first, but I got up on the roof and saw this huge port of plugs and wires connected. I'm guessing that's it. Could it have gone bad? Are there any solutions to this? We have a DTV Techy coming Friday, but it's hard without 2 TV's.

Also, on the samsung ts360 settings, if I set the dish type to "NO dish", the boot failed goes away and the channels come in. It's so weird!

Oh, and we have an extra antenna connected to the old satellite.

Any help would be appreciated!

Be patient for the Tech to arrive, When you set the 360 to no dish it only displays the Over The Air (OTA) TV channels.

boba said:
Be patient for the Tech to arrive, When you set the 360 to no dish it only displays the Over The Air (OTA) TV channels.
Will he be able to fix it? What does the problem sound like?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hdtv cincinnati

Need Help Figuring Out 5 lnb and Timing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)