Newbie, Lost as Hogan's Goat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

appfan1983

Original poster
Feb 27, 2009
North Carolina
Hi guys & gals, I was a subsciber to the direct pizza guys. i got tired of the charges for what few channels that I enjoyed, DIV,Speedtv (big nascar fan) and such. they numberd in about 40 channels. I had to shut it down due to unemployment, however my rich uncle sam sent me some money and ive have a new found intrest in FTA. i have a direct api mepeg4 compatible dish mount on my house. Is this usable? Finally which receiers would be most affordable and usefull.
Thanks for any info

No on the dish.
We suggest 36" dish with a Standard or Universal linear LNB, not a circular LNB.

No on Speed, though you might find some feeds from time to time.

Here are the satellites and what's on them.
This is a beginner's list.
When you are ready for a more technical one, see TheList at the top of any page.

Some suggested receivers:
- Fortec Star Mercury II or Dynamic
- Pansat 3500sd
- Visionsat IV-200 (with additional USB hard drive, the unit becomes a PVR)
- Traxis 3500
There are some receivers we won't recommend, due to various reasons.
If you find one you like, run it by us for comments.

Fortec Star Dynamic (Or Merc II) is excellent for a newbie..Easy to set up once you find the satellites you want.

Note on Nascar:One Satellite (G18) has several FOX affiliates, which will get you some Nascar..

Hi guys & gals, I was a subsciber to the direct pizza guys. i got tired of the charges for what few channels that I enjoyed, DIV,Speedtv (big nascar fan) and such. they numberd in about 40 channels. I had to shut it down due to unemployment, however my rich uncle sam sent me some money and ive have a new found intrest in FTA. i have a direct api mepeg4 compatible dish mount on my house. Is this usable? Finally which receiers would be most affordable and usefull.
Thanks for any info

If you can find a 10ft or larger C/KU band dish, that someone no longer uses, I think you would be pretty happy. Of course you'll need a DVB receiver also. If you are ok with computers, a pc card would be the cheapest and most versatile DVB receiver at this time. Whatever you decide to do you will need lots of patience:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wild Blue for FTA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)