newbee "receive timeout" error pls help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sai22

Original poster
Oct 12, 2005
never used any channel editing tools B4. I'm running a pansat 2300a (i think), the receiver has no name on it. using channel master 1.5.6 through "usb to serial adapter". the guy that i bought the setup from vanished (big surprise) now i must lern to swim or die.
so far i figured out that i can use CM or GTools, however after editing the channel list in CM, saving it and try to upload it, i get an error "receive timeout" if i keep at it, i get a blue screen of death. what am i doing wrong?

thanks
zed

i downloaded a chanel list i found while surfing. i don't know how to find the software on the box. thanks for replying so soon

zed

i could send you the channel list so you can check if it's any good.

zed

the channel list is on it's way. as far as i know, they are fta channels.

zed

I got it..sadly this is not a free to air list. It is a Dish Network list.

I can't see the front of the box in the picture you sent, so I can't see what kind of unit it is. Now there might a misunderstanding but we do not allow Talk of theft of service here at Satelliteguys. If you are trying to obtain Dish Network programming without paying for it, this is not the time or the place.

But if you want to get true FTA, we are here to help.

True FTA uses a 30” or greater dish and a KU band LNB.

With most FTA, the best thing to do is scan the channels in then use the Channelmaster or GTools. That is what I did

Scanned all my FTA channels in
Loaded it into Channelmaster
Edited some names (instead of TV1)
Loaded it back into unit

umm... i don't know which one this guy installed, the dish looks like it could be 30". he told me it is a fta setup. i think the best thing for me to do is to hunt down this guy and get some more info. until then, thanks for all your help.

zed

Try this:

1. Do all the reading from Pansat and editing of channel list in Channel Master
  2. Save the changes as a .GTD file
  3. Use Gtools to write the .GTD file you saved to the Pansat

Yeah me too... Welcome to SatelliteGuys! :wave

Is that a Peacock in your avatar? :yes

thanks for the warm welcome, makes me feel right at home. Questic: yea i got quite a few this year down in south america.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

adding telstar 5 to pansat 2700a

Excuse my ignorance

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)