NEW TO THIS SITE! I have a couple questions concerning my DirecTV HR20 HD DVR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Teewrecks44

Original poster
Nov 29, 2009
Morgantown, WV
Hello everyone...my name is Travis and I just found this site while looking around the internet trying to find answers to a few questions I had...so hopefully someone reads this soon and can possibly help me out...here we go...

First off, I was wondering how, if possible, can I view the TV shows and programs that I have recorded to my DVR thru my Playstation 3. When I try to access them thru the PS3 main menu, I click on the Video: Directv2PC Media Server: HR20 Playlist: then one of the various shows I have recorded to the DVR. It then shows them all as an icon with a question mark in the middle and says "Unsupported Data".

I don't think I have the Directv2PC application downloaded to my laptop or desktop PC. Would this be the cause of my problems viewing the TV shows? I have a fairly new laptop that was purchased thru school last year, and when I run the diagnostic check to determine if I have all the system requirements for the program, I fall short in a few areas. My desktop computer is several years older, so I know its not going to have the necessary minimum requirements and didnt even bother trying with it.

That being said, is my inability to download the Directv2PC program to my laptop the reason why I can't watch the programs on my PS3, or is there something else that I'm missing? If it is the problem, is there an earlier version of the DirecTV2PC program that I can download that doesn't require as high minimum system requirements?

I could see that maybe the DirecTV2PC program has nothing to do with me watching or copying my TV programs on my PS3. If so, is there some other program that I need to download either to my PS3 or the DirecTV DVR that will allow this?

You cannot watch DirecTV programs through your PS3. Maybe that will happen someday, but for now, it won't work.

According to DirecTV, my laptop doesn't meet the minimum requirements to run DirecTV2PC either (my video card is a little lacking). But it does work, and it works pretty well. I would download it and try it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sound--High Def.--problem...

Leverage? Three FSN's Now DirecTV Sports

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)