new to fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

nonono241

Original poster
Mar 22, 2005
hi everyone. i an new to fta i just got a coolsat 4000 +. i was going to use it to hack dn. but after messing with it for a week. it's to easy to do. so i am not going to do it. i will just pay for it if i want it. this forum also changed my mind. it seems like there is alot of channels i can get for free. i guess i just have one question if someone could answer it for me when they get a chance.
are there any free movie channels i can get? i did read the channel list on lyngsat i don't understand it all. thanks in advance guys.

Hi nonono241, welcome to SatelliteGuys.US! :)

(Note, this will probably be moved to the FTA forum shortly.)

I'm glad you came to your senses, and you will continue to be glad as well. You will also continue to appreciate this great legit hobby. LyngSat is a great resource, but could be hard to understand for novices. Maybe you will find ftalist.com (graciously hosted on the SatelliteGuys.US web server) easier to understand.

As for movie channels, they pop up in the clear (unencrypted) occasionally. It's always nice when you find them. One in particular (I won't go into details which may jinx it) has come up a couple times for nice extended period of times. If that receiver has blind scan capability, just keep scanning the various satellites from time to time.

movd to FTA area :)

It really depends on how big of a dish you have. Normal installs have a 30" dish. This is KU band. Here is what you can get on KU

http://www.global-cm.net/MPEGlistKuBandUS.html

C-Band is another option, but it is a 8-10 foot dish, so it may not be an option. There are more movie channels that are in the clear than what is on KU.

Like Tux said, there sometimes are free previews of movie channels...

thanks for the info guys. i am not really sure what size my dish is. it is a wave frontier t-55. i will be happy just getting all the networks as most of the shows i watch are on them. i will just pay for hbo for my wife. she likes the series they put out. like deadwood. thanks again guys.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Adding Transponders

Which Ku lnb to get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)