New to Dish Network

djmbuildingservices

Original poster
Apr 29, 2006
I'm new to Dish Network.. just curious what arrangement I'll need to have 4 receivers, probably 301s with the options of watching 110, 119, and internationals most likely on 121.??

I've been recommended to use a superdish 121 with a DP 34 switch.. Does this sound right..???

Thanks for any feedback... Jim

Last edited:
I think the 301s are obsolete - you'd probably be offered the 311 model. You'll need the SD for 110/119 and the internationals on 121 - not sure how long they'll remain there. With 3 LNBs and 4 receivers the DP34 switch is the logical choice.

Note: you could still have 4 viewing locations with 2 322s. I'm not sure if E* presented that to you as an option or if it might be a better one.

But then I think that with the correct LNBs you'd only need two down leads to those two receivers and no switch required (switching is done in the LNBs). I'm not sure if this is an option with the SD.

Here's a good resource for you to answer a lot of your questions:

http://ekb.dbstalk.com/

Welcome, BTW...

Which internationals SPECIFICALLY are you planning to get?

The reason I ask is that many of them will be moving to 118.75 which will require a Dish 500 Plus or Dish 1000 Plus. Or they may be moving to 61.5 or 148 which will require a second dish. Where the internationals are moving depends on the language.

See ya
Tony

RSNs in HD?

downloading from the dish pvr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)