New problem...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jself1982

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 15, 2006
South Carolina
As you all know I got a 10' mesh c-band only dish, however, during my tweaking getting the perfect line of sight here is what I have came across now...

I moved this dish approx. 35 miles from house, the location it was at was a little more southeast from here, I didn't change any of the elev/decl just popped it on the pole and got my LOS setup...I don't have many trees at all around here, but I have notice on the west side of the arc from T7/G9/G5 and on down it starts to get more and more sparkly, C4 has became a mess on QVC/HSN and I don't even get C1, + my FTA signals on all the sats west of T7 at 121 degrees has a much lower signal strength than the ones higher than T7, do I need to adjust anything on the dish, or skew on the receiver, or what?

I would put it on C4/AMC10 and adjust the azimuth. 1st, mark the pole, so you know where you're at. While on C4, look at the signal quality and turn the pole clockwise/counterclockwise to see if the signal will improve. Then, travel the arc, to make sure you didn't lose anything else. You may have to adjust the elevation if it's gets off. But, I wouldn't unless you think it's necessary.

Al

Hey there,

I would only add to what Al has said, that 1/16" can make a huge difference, so move it gently, and slowly as Al said.

You probably don't need to adjust the elevation/declination unless the original installer didn't know what he was doing.

Fred

I don't have a Uniden receiver, but if there are a lot of sparklies, the noise associated with them can affect audio.

You can also adjust the skew settings. If the skew is off, you can eliminate a lot of sparklies just by adjusting the skew.

You can look at the setup on each channel, some of the older audio settings that are pre-programmed in might need to be updated to reflect the audio id number to make sure it matches what is on lyngsat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mechanical stops

PowerVu Receiver and BBC World Feed on PAS-9

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts