New problem with 269 for me... Anyone else?

SatinKzo

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 22, 2004
Louisiana
Tonight when watching DIY network, TNTHD, and HDNet I had numerous times where the video became all jerky (like when a PC is streaming video and it can't keep up) and it would not quit until I turned the channel and came back. I've had my 811 since Feb and never experienced this until tonight.

Anyone else?

SatinKzo said:
Tonight when watching DIY network, TNTHD, and HDNet I had numerous times where the video became all jerky (like when a PC is streaming video and it can't keep up) and it would not quit until I turned the channel and came back. I've had my 811 since Feb and never experienced this until tonight.

Anyone else?

I have not seen this on my 811 since the 269 update. Do the typically soft reboot holding down the power button.

I have not read any reports of this issue. How is your signal strength on your Dish's reading? If this happens again, I suggest checking the signal strength and see if things are fluctuating?

Have you seen this with OTA?

This first occurred with DIY, I changed the channel, came back to DIY, was fine for 30 minutes then it occured again. The whole time the audio was normal.

Did the soft reboot and changed the channel to TNTHD thinking it was the channel and about an hour into watching the channel, it started again, again audio was fine. So I unplugged the receiver and ate dinner.

Came back plugged it in, went through normal startup from being unplugged and flipped on HDNet while I was finishing cleaning up from dinner. Sat down and video was all jerky again, but audio fine. Flipped channels, came back and it was normal.

OTA channels are all normal, only get the occasional problem I have always had where audio drops now and then for a second.

Another note as this is my second 811, I did get a replacement due to a short out in my original.

SatinKzo said:
This first occurred with DIY, I changed the channel, came back to DIY, was fine for 30 minutes then it occured again. The whole time the audio was normal.

Did the soft reboot and changed the channel to TNTHD thinking it was the channel and about an hour into watching the channel, it started again, again audio was fine. So I unplugged the receiver and ate dinner.

Came back plugged it in, went through normal startup from being unplugged and flipped on HDNet while I was finishing cleaning up from dinner. Sat down and video was all jerky again, but audio fine. Flipped channels, came back and it was normal.

OTA channels are all normal, only get the occasional problem I have always had where audio drops now and then for a second.

Another note as this is my second 811, I did get a replacement due to a short out in my original.

When this starts happening again to the the installation screen and check the signal strength on your Dishs. See how much they are fluctuating.

I am not sure what DIY is.. I assume it is a SD channel.

How long have you had the second box?

I've had those problems with TNT and ESPN prior to and after the 269 update. I assumed it was the new compression on the 3 HD transponders but, if it's happening on HDNet and DIY then it may be something else

E* HD problems have nothing to do with the 811. It's E* screwing around with HD channel compression. Last week I suddenly had freezes, breakup lines, and jitter. Worst on DiscoveryHD, but also seen on TNT-HD and ESPN-HD. Things seem to have improved somewhat this week, but I haven't watched as much so far. The improvement had nothing to do with the 811 software upgrade. The problem appeared long after the last 811 software upgrade.

Actually I'm surprised this topic isn't a hot thread on Satellite Guys forums. It certainly is over on the AVS Forum.

Satellite strength was normal (anywhere between 80 and 112). Glad (or not) to hear that this is not isolated to me. Figured it was something to do with Dish's compression.

I have had the 2nd box for 4 months and with either of the two I have had, no problems like this. This only started last night and has continued until this morning, but this time it is happening on my Dish feed of NBC and not the OTA HD feed. So it's definately something from Dish and not necessarily the box alone. Time to give them a call.

I don't think that is related to software update, or at least not related to 269. I had that experiences before.

GaryPen said:
That's an old bug. It happened to me months ago.
It's a new one to me and I didn't see it anywhere posted.

Btw, it got really bad today and I couldn't watch anything for more than 1 hour without it happening. Called CSR's and am getting ANOTHER receiver. This will be my third in less than 9 months. They didn't even argue when I told them what was happening.

The first 1 (original) after about 3 months started turning itself off and on while watching tv. It's a long story of testing it to check everything, but it didn't matter where it was it still did it, I even took it to a friends house.

The second one (current one) is the one with the jittery video after about 30 - 45 minutes of watchin ANY channel (this is updated from my original post as it has happened on over 20 channels now). This is NOT happening with my 721 or 301.

So, the next one will be my 3rd.

Proper ground effect picture quality?

Switching b/w OTA and SAT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)