New Onix Satellite Dish Antenna

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ziaasp

Original poster
Jun 15, 2011
India
Hi im from India. My dad bought a dish antenna to receive "peace tv". I am a newbie to this technology. Could someone explain the benefits of this dish please. I receive a lot of channels from different countries. Does it receive only free channels? It has 3 feed horns. Picture quality is amazing. I have a 29 inch CRT (best for gaming so bought it). How to tune more channels. In the cover it says its a C Band dish. Is this dish a new technology or an old one? I searched google but i could not find any information about onix dish.

Picture attached

Attachments

• C360_2011-06-15 12-17-35.jpg
    C360_2011-06-15 12-17-35.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 317
98% of the members here are in the USA, Canada, or nearby.
We don't have a lot of info about satellites serving India, other than what we see on the internet.

However, your picture shows a 5 or 6 foot C-band prime-feed dish, on a fixed mount.
The three C-band LNBFs will pick up three satellites.
I do imagine the two outboard LNBFs must be receiving very strong satellite signals if they work so far from the center of the dish, without a scalar, and not pointed toward the center of the dish.

I imagine there is also some sort of diseqc switch, to let the receiver select which LNBF to watch.

The Lyngsat and SatStar web sites will give you some basic information about satellites in your area.
Ask whoever you got the dish from, which orbital locations (satellites) it is meant for, and then look them up.

PS:
It's common current technology.
Nothing new to us.
We'll help you as best we can, if you have more questions.

thanks a lot for the info. i am getting a hang of it now.
how many satellites are there?

There is around 60 satellites covering Asia, around 56 covering Europe, 35 covering the Atlantic Ocean, and around 54 covering North America. Those are just the tv satellites that lyngsat,com has info on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Standard LNBF for HD channels ?

Dual LNB on a six footer

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)