New member...

Cobra611

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2007
Beacon, NY
I just stopped by to say hi. I'm a new member to this site, residing in Dutchess County, NY. I was a DirecTV subscriber since 1995, switching to Cablevision in Oct 2003...when I bought my Sony Trinitron 34" Widescreen HDTV. Mainly, I did that at the time, because of the lack of HD offerings on DTV. But, what was more important was the fact Cablevision had MSGHD. I'm a die-hard Ranger fan, and watching them in HD was THE most important channel to have!! Well, watching and reading about DirecTV's move to over 100 HD channels by years end, and possibly 30 new ones tomorrow, I'm starting to rethink my decision. The one selling point, for me, is having MSGHD, and I read somewhere that MSGHD would be aded to the DirecTV HD lineup. Does anyone know if this is true?? I never would have thought the Dolans would offer the HD versions of MSG or Fox Sports NY on another provider. I also read somewhere that Cablevision would have the capacity for 500 HD channels by years end. Again, is there any truth to this rumor??
Thanks!
Billy

cobra,
welcome. I would not be too quick to count on DirecTv adding MSG HD. If I were you, I will wait until DirecTv actually has it and you have read a confirmation that it was added. I will be quite surprised if this happens. Cablevision advertises that they are the only one were you can get all your NY Regional sports in HD. Again I will be surprised if this happens. Cablevision said that they will have capacity for a lot more HD once the switch video technology is implemented for HD channels. They also could gain more capacity by turning off the analog channels.

By the way, welcome to the board.

Thanks for the welcome Sean! I am very reluctant to believe that the Dolan's would offer MSGHD to DirecTV. And you're right, I won't believe it until I see it. But, what confuses me is I've seen it on a few forums, the list of new HD channels slated for launch on DirecTV, and they included MSG as one of them. So, for now I sit and monitor the launch of new HD on DirecTV, and hope and pray Cablevision can give some clue as to what they have to counter this.

DIRECTV HD: No Expansion Yet

MGM launches HD channel on DirecTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)