New Installation in Mexico-Help

lazylee

Original poster
Jul 9, 2004
Hi Everyone,
I´m new to Satellite TV and this forum. I bought a Dish 500 to bring to our vacation cottage in Isla Mujeres, Mexico. I tried to install it myself, but I have failed to find the 119 satellite. I have found the 61.5, but my receiver won´t work with it I think. I´m trying to locate the satellite by putting the receiver and a TV on the roof and using trial and error. Any suggestions about what angles I should be using and/or what cures I can use to fix my problems would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Lazylee

Are you trying to get both 61.5' and 119' at the same time ?? I'd be surprised if that's possible with (1) dish... They seem to be too far apart. I mean, it takes a Superdish to span from 105' to 119'.

hall: You are correct. No way you're gonna get them on one dish - probably not even a toroidal - I think their max is a 45 degree spread.

Just trying to find the bird in the sky

My problem is that I don't know where to find the 119. The calculators that I've found have only listed numbers for the US and Canada. I don't want to point at the 61.5, just the 119. I do thank you for responding with your suggestions so far.

Lee

This calculator will give you aiming numbers based upon your latitude and longitude, and type of dish.

This one only gives absolute pointing to a satellite, but also has some Mexican cities - if nothing else, it can help you figure out your lat/long.

The Calvary appears on the horizon

Kudos to Simple Simon!

Tomorrow I will borrow my friends GPS unit and then acquire the data I need to plug into the calculator.. Hopefully I´ll find that durn satellite with some ease now.

Thanks again!
Lazylee

lazylee said:
Kudos to Simple Simon!

Tomorrow I will borrow my friends GPS unit and then acquire the data I need to plug into the calculator.. Hopefully I´ll find that durn satellite with some ease now.

Thanks again!
Lazylee

Here is the info. that should help you. Follow the second & third column's down which are marked 110 & 119. If your city is not listed just find the closest location to you.

http://www.global-cm.net/point/DBS/MEXCA.html

PS: I like Carona.

Thanks Also!

Thanks to you also! With your list, I don´t even need to run the calculator, since Isla Mujeres is only 5 miles from Cancun. I can´t wait to try it.

Hasta Luego,
Lee

7100 Problem

Receive HDTV via PVR508

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)