New House, DISH in place, Old Box...

fhsucade07

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2007
Alright, my cousin has just filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy and had filled out an agreement to keep making his mortgage payments in order to keep his house and erase other debts. He failed on those obligations and the house was sold by the bank to the highest bidder. It's several miles from anything and can be hell to get out of in the winter weather... But it appraised at $113,000 and I won it with a bid of $50,000. Now to my question:

He was a DISH Network subscriber at one point but eventually had to have it disconnected and went to cable because, in his words (and we never speak -- it's what I heard from someone else), he couldn't control his pay-per-view purchases. According to a CSR, no remaining balance is on the address account. So, from that, I'm assuming I'm clear to go. I'm also estimating that the DISH is already positioned in the right area and simply needs the smart card and receiver.

Several years ago, I purchased a second receiver when I started college and it's rarely ever been used. I was thinking of staying up at that house some and, possibly, using this house as a rental and moving in. For the time being, though:

Is it possible to simply connect this old receiver and smart card to the DISH and subscribe to programming through All American Direct or simply get my locals and maybe the superstations through DISH? I'm thinking that should be all there is to it -- if the DISH is positioned correctly. Any thoughts?

Cade

New house dish

If it is the yellow smart card and dish is pointed correctly yes, if not dish should give you a new yellow smartcard, locals and superstaions are ok, except you will need to pay the 6.00 enableing fee as you dont have a minimum package. suach as family or top 70

Dish 811 Box Timers Problem

super dish 105 to 121 please help !!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)