New D* will get H20 and 5LNB Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sfollenius

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Okay, I am thinking of getting D*. I am concerned though with MPEG4 rolling out about spending the $ for an MPEG2 IRD. Well, I noticed that circuit city has the H20 in stock and appears they will ship it anywhere. Other sites indicate you must be in Detroit to get the H20. I called D* sales, told him my situation, and he stated I will recieve the H20 and the 5LNB dish, that is what is shipping now for the $199 deal. I find it odd, I haven't seen any official word on the 5lnb in the forums, is this guy just full of it? I also noticed that it appears that the H20 from circuit city is the stand alone H20. I am in Asheville, NC (Greenville, Spartaburg DMA) and I dont even know when HD LIL will be in this area.

I am sorry to say, you will not be able to get the H20 and AT9 5 :NB dish until Q2-06.

However, if you get the H10 or HR10-250 now, you will be upgraded to the MPEG-2/4 system once it becomes available in the Spartaburg DMA.

-Robert

I would call up and confirm you get the h20 and 5 lnb dish before you get it installed. If they claim you do and they show up with an older receiver and dish tell them kindly they can take it back where they came from. Also I don't think circuitcity or best buy sells them outside of the detroit metro area and i don't think ordering them from outside detroit would work as even if it got to the point where they ordered it once they checked the shipping address they would have to cancel your order and inform you that they had to do that.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Is the HD-DVR for D* for ....

HD Locals: New Dish Needed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)