New Club Dish Promo

Mike_H

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Twin Cities, MN
Received a package in the mail this last Saturday with a new Club Dish promo.
Must be installed and activated by July 31st, 2005

There, excess verbage removed so that nitwit chad can be happy and not feel like he has to read everything. Oh wait, it irritated him so much he felt a need to quote the entire post.

As we all know, if he already knows about it, then everyone else in the world already knows about it. So why bother. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Mike_H said:
Received a package in the mail this last Saturday with a new Club Dish promo.

Free Activation
Free Standard Professional Installation (Up to 4 TVs)
An Optional Dish Player-Digital Video Recorder (DVR) at no additional up-front cost,
A credit for $49.99 on your first bill.

Available through retailers and via the phone.

Must be installed and activated by July 31st, 2005
Requires valid major credit card, social security number, and participation subject to credit approval and qualifying programming.
If service is terminated or downgraded, equipment must be returned to DISH Network.
No up front cost for DVR, but monthly DVR Service fee applies based on programming subscription level.
Only certain DVR receivers available for upgrade. (I.E., probably just 522)
ClubDish good for new, first-time residential customers only.Qulaifying programming is America's Top 60, 120, 180, DISH Latino, Latino Dos, Lation Max or Great Wall TV pakages programming.

Other blah..blah stuff.

Seems like a pretty good deal for new subs. Basically all equipment and install free, plus a free first month assuming the lower priced activation package.

Oh, and if your club dish card is used, you get a $5 credit each month for 5 months. plus Priority Customer Service Toll Free number, Free Dishmover Certificate, and a one time Club Dish Enrollment reward of 5 pay-per-view movies.

I don't think something that is four years old qualifies as "new." ClubDISH was launched in 2001. Did you hear Bush beat Gore? Woohoo!

$5 credit for only 5 months? Dish Network is going downhill quick. Dish500/SuperDish upgrades up to $50+, the same for Dish Mover starting April first (as much as $150). Only $5 credit instead of $10 credit on FFA. No more Club Dish for FFA.

chaddux said:
I don't think something that is four years old qualifies as "new." ClubDISH was launched in 2001. Did you hear Bush beat Gore? Woohoo!

Oh, and I can quote a whole post just to add one line. :rolleyes:

ClubDISH isn't new, the current promotion is. Thus the "New Club Dish Promo".

I hope it's only new cards that get the credit for 5 months, and that the exisiting ones still get the 12 months, cause I just did my first referall, and that would suck

Mike_H said:
Oh, and I can quote a whole post just to add one line. :rolleyes:

ClubDISH isn't new, the current promotion is. Thus the "New Club Dish Promo".

The only detail that changed is the 5 months. If you actually meant it to be talking about only the changed promotion, you wouldn't have typed all of the unchanged details (which was 95% of your post). You would have posted something like "Changed ClubDISH Promo terms" and "They changed it from 12 months to 5 months." You thought ClubDISH was entirely new and that's why you typed every last detail.

It doesn't matter though. No big deal. I'll agree with BFG: I hope the existing cards are exempt and they better not touch the referrals that are already crediting to my account.

Chaddux, whats your deal with bashing what people say? I have seen only a couple post of your and nothing seems worthwhile, you just have to point something out to make someone feel like an idiot.

Pils said:
Chaddux, whats your deal with bashing what people say? I have seen only a couple post of your and nothing seems worthwhile, you just have to point something out to make someone feel like an idiot.

I didn't bash anyone. A four-year-old promotion is not new. I simply posted some other four-year-old news he might have also missed. :D

Stargazer said:
If Dish wants ClubDish to gain more momentum they should give the customers MORE NOT LESS!

If, according to DISH, the customer average is less than 3 referrals, they would probably want to raise the incentive. I still don't understand why they limit the number of cards you can receive. Even if they limit the number of referrels, I'd think they would want you to have as many cards as you're willing to give away regardless of referrel credit.

That is what I am thinking, that if Dish Network wants more referrals then give customers more for those referrals. How about a bigger bonus for the fourth and fifth customers or give them progressively better incentives for each additional customer they find for them.

Stargazer said:
That is what I am thinking, that if Dish Network wants more referrals then give customers more for those referrals. How about a bigger bonus for the fourth and fifth customers or give them progressively better incentives for each additional customer they find for them.

Oooo. Rising incentives. That's actually a really good idea.

Where do you guys see $5 for 5 months?
He quoted $5 for 12 months.

I just checked out E*s website and it says:

You get:

A $60 credit ($5 per month for 12 consecutive months) on your account for each friend you refer.
FREE DISHMover Certificate (a $75 dollar value)
One-time ClubDISH enrollment reward of 5 pay-per-view movies (over a $19 value)

he changed his original post, must've goofed. Now there's nothing new about the promo, it's the same :D

From a E* insider:

Clubdish is changing. It will still be 5.00/month per referral for 12
months. There will be a limit of 5 referrals at a time instead of the old
limit of 12 at a time. Also, the number of cards than be ordered in a year
will drop from 20 to 12. The posting on the board was incorrect.

Mike_H said:
There, excess verbage removed so that nitwit chad can be happy and not feel like he has to read everything.

At least I don't post false information.

I always enjoy a good chuckle. :D

Dish Network VOOM Converter? (goto voom forums)

301 issues

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)