New 722K one time so far issue

burtom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 16, 2009
East coast of MN
Hi All:

I had a very odd occurrence on my 722K this weekend. My wife had set a time for a movie that started at 10:00 PM and I was watching TV2 the tuner that was going to be used for that recording. I saw the count down come up and checked to see what was going to record then decided just to watch what I was watching Sin City until her recording started. Well the recording started but my channel did not change so I started checking things. The guide, the recording and the timer all had the correct information but when I decided to play the recording it was Sin City right from when the timer fired. So I am not upset but has anyone else seen this or know what happened.

:)
Tom

Well, first off TV2 has nothing to do with which tuner is used. Inputs (tuners) are independent of outputs (TV1 & TV2).

You have 2 satellite tuners, and if your OTA module is installed, you have 2 OTA ATSC (digital) tuners. All tuners can pick up SD or HD signals, as available. They can feed the HDD or the two outputs.

You have 2 outputs, TV1 & TV2. Both of these can display from the HDD or from any of the 4 tuners. TV1 can display in HD when the source is in HD. TV2 will display in SD. When the source is in HD, it will be automatically downrezzed to SD for TV2.

Complication: On my ViP722, if I want to watch an OTA signal on my TV2 output, I need to start recording it on the DVR via the TV connected to TV1, and then from TV2 watch from the DVR. A few seconds delay. In fact, this is not a problem because I keep my box in single mode and have nothing connected to TV2. I have a second HDTV and second ViP722.

Last edited:
Complication: On my ViP722, if I want to watch an OTA signal on my TV2 output, I need to start recording it on the DVR via the TV connected to TV1, and then from TV2 watch from the DVR. A few seconds delay. In fact, this is not a problem because I keep my box in single mode and have nothing connected to TV2. I have a second HDTV and second ViP722.
In Single Mode on your 722 you can view OTA on TV2.

On the OP's 722k in Single Mode the same is true. But on his 722k TV1 and TV2 IIRC TV1 and TV2 each can view one OTA tuner. Also, on the 722k he can output OTA content modulated to either Ch3 or Ch4.

2 Year Commitment question

hd charge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)