New 625 installed today...quick question.

RedWings

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2006
Leesburg, VA
I've been a DirecTv customer for a long time but decided to make the switch now that i'm moving into my GF's house.

The installer came out today and setup my new 625. Pretty cool guy that left me plenty of extra wire for when I get my deck and move the dish. He also did a very clean install.

While he was here, he mentioned that the 625 and the LNBs for the DISH 500 dish were known to have problems and not to be suprised if 6 months from now i'm making a service call. Is there any truth to this? From what i've read online, that doesn't seem to be the case.

BTW....Before he even did a single thing I made sure that he had a 625 with him.

:hatsoff:

RedWings said:
I've been a DirecTv customer for a long time but decided to make the switch now that i'm moving into my GF's house.

The installer came out today and setup my new 625. Pretty cool guy that left me plenty of extra wire for when I get my deck and move the dish. He also did a very clean install.

While he was here, he mentioned that the 625 and the LNBs for the DISH 500 dish were known to have problems and not to be suprised if 6 months from now i'm making a service call. Is there any truth to this? From what i've read online, that doesn't seem to be the case.

BTW....Before he even did a single thing I made sure that he had a 625 with him.

:hatsoff:

The only problems I know of is the DPP Twin, I see alot of failures. As far as the 625 goes, I think they are a nice unit... the only times I've replaced them on a T/C is when people place it in a very non ventilated space or stack other electronic devices on it causes it to overheat. They are sensitive to voltage issues in the home, make sure the outlet your on is not tied into something such as a refrigerator or A/C unit that causes a slight surge.

Move or start over

Hopefully quick and easy question about by 301

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)