Need some not-so-new D10 receiver help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Armada Master

Original poster
Apr 11, 2006
Hey-

Been lurking for awhile and decided to join! I'd appreciate any input you guys could give me.

Over the weekend, I bought three still sealed in the box DTV D10 receivers at a swap meet. Got home, opened one up, laid install, only to have it tell me my card out of my ancient Hughes receiver was incompatible.

I called DTV to have them send me a card, they run the #'s off of two of the new receiver boxes and inform me they cannot/willnot activate them since they are linked to collection accounts. Not knowing a lot on this stuff, I assumed the receivers would be ok still sealed new in the box but obviously I was wrong. I'd like to get at least one of these working so I can put my old Hughes in my master bedroom plus to make it worth my while or at least I'll have two spare DTV remotes.

I am only out $10 bucks on the recievers total so I won't bawl too badly if I got hosed on them, I figure the remotes will net me that on fleabay if all else fails. :eureka:

Thanks and any advice is appreciated :eek:

what the guy did was go for a 4 box "free" system . he probably self-installed, propbably only 2 of them. he then was shut down for non payment and directv tagged the un activated boxes (so he couldnt activate say under a cell phone #)

you did get hosed (sorry) by a deadbeat, no doubt.

dragon002 said:
what the guy did was go for a 4 box "free" system . he probably self-installed, propbably only 2 of them. he then was shut down for non payment and directv tagged the un activated boxes (so he couldnt activate say under a cell phone #)

you did get hosed (sorry) by a deadbeat, no doubt.

Oh, he had a whole trailer of these things. Still shrinkwrapped in the box. I had a feeling I got hosed. Thanks for the quick reply.

just a thought, next time you see him, get his plate # and call directv and ask for "signal integrity". you never know, they might give you some free programming!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help! Huge transponder issues HDtivo, many zero signals

New H/D uplink antenna system for D*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)