Need some more help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alexious

Original poster
Feb 1, 2005
My receivers "channel manager" seems to categorize channels by satellites.Now if i add another satellite and scan for channels(on that satellite) logically it would create a new category and not erase the channels already in it.I need some confirmation on this because my mom will kill me if i erase her channels.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks!! Ill try to do it when i got some spare time.

Update: Ive scanned astra1 , astra2abd and Hotbird1_2_3 and all i got was more arab channels!! This is getting annoying,i managed to find some English channels but couldnt see them..in the chan list they were listed like this

eg. "[] Cinema2 $" where normally there is no box or $ sign..what does this mean?

PS: Ive scanned both c and ku bands..what i need to know is..

What is NIT,and what are transponders? (in the config before scanning i let it as is at 1)

$= Pay channel

If your dish has only one LNB you will only ever get one satellite at a time, sounds like you have a fixed system (dish can not be moved) So you would need some extra LNB and switch or a motor to get some more satellites.

This is getting very money consuming lol..Yes i have one LNB and it is fixed position..i think ill just leave it as is,its not worth the time or money.When we called then they said that they would need to put another dish to add the european chans..you still need a switch with 2 dishes and 2lnbs?,according to the receipt another dish/antenna/lnb would cost $90..

Thanks anw for all the help.

Get yourself a receiver and dish, ask the local installer if they have any old used models, thats the way I started in Europe around 15 years ago (all analog) then you can start playing around yourself. I will never forget the first night I moved my BSKYB dish I was getting channels from the middle east, Russia all over Europe, EVERY single soccer game that was being played all over Europe on Cup nights. HOOKED!
There is SO much FTA over Europe that you are missing out on a lot of entertainment!
I remember I used to go dumpster diving at the local satellite dealers shop! Where there is a will there is a way!

$90 for a dish and LNBF is a deal!

Im gonna need a second receiver?..Lets talk simple..i want channels from 3 sats..astra2b,eurobird1 and arabsat3_2a,what am i gonna need to have all these (preferably at the same time?).Problem is theres not so much will..u see i was unaware of all these trouble i thought you just plugged in your sat and got everything :p,damn i hate it when im wrong,the satellite dude may be right afterall :p

I was just meaning to play with.. to get the above satellites you will need another dish and LNBF, and switch to tie it all together, the satellites are so close together that two LNBF will not work. The only other option would be a motor but then you will only "see" one satellite at a time.

Astra 2B/ 28.2 deg.E.
EuroBird 1/ 28.2 deg.E.
Satellites need to be at least 4 deg. apart to work on one dish.
Arabsat 3_2a / 26 deg.E.

hi

>$90 for a dish and LNBF is a deal!

look around ebay also. I am getting my dish and LNB for less including delivery which must be expensive due to the weight (25 pounds).
I have 3 switches now. if you were local I could just give you one free.

so im guessing the switch is pretty cheap.Well the satellite dude said it would cost $260 but my sum goes to about 100 without labor.Seems i need another dish afterall..and i was like dissing that dude and all..ignorance is not a bliss :p.Anw i think its pretty much a waste of cash to install another dish and all that sh*t to watch 2 channels (yes thats all i want..game network and motors uk).I guess im gonna look around to see if i can get stuff for free and prolly get a small dish and set it on the balcony or something..it would be even more fun this way,and educating :d

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Diseqc switch question and new diseqc standards

No Audio on PBS AMC3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)