Need Some Help w/Picture problem! Directv please..

Status
Please reply by conversation.

fulphil

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
I had direct tv without my locals for awhile cause the crappy rookie techs they kept sending out said they couldn't get the signal for 119. Well this went on for months and finally a senior tech came out and founf the line of sight and the signal from my fron yard but couldn't get signal 101. So they say the can run two 3 lnb dishes and get my locals 119 and the regular 101.
I say ok and they say the cost we be 224.00 dollars for the dish and the multi switch and labor. I say fine, and they install. They say to call directv and thewy might reimberse me for the trouble, anyway they do the job and the picture looked fine, until you take a look deeper, now I have a 26 Sharp Aquas LCD and the picture was noticeably grainey and digitizing. I had an old 40 hour samsung DVR and so they told me they would replace it and with the signal strenght that I was getting it would remedy the situation. So they send the same DVR just referbished and low and behold the same thing.
Next I call them again and the advance tech support goes through all the same things and tells me that they would send a tech out again maybe the multiswitch that they used (4x8) was bad and they would send another receiver just incase. So I go out and buy a new reciever the tech comes the next day and rewires and puts a whole new switch on it. Still the same thing. He says maybe it is the distance to the house and that they could block it on the corner and this might remedy the situation. New 80 mg DVR and same picture issue. Another tech come out and switches the multiswitch again and still have the same problem. I cannot get the picture crystal clear and clean like it was. I switched TV's as well and the issue still remained and the tech even said "you got to play with the color and the brightness with these things, cause all these locals and stuff around here suck" I said this never happened before.
Can some one please help me with this issue it would be greatly appreciated!

it ia pixelizing

it pixelizes on every channel, on the sides of faces all over and it gets frustrating...please help

Signal strength

my signal strengh is at the lowest 92 on all the transponders'..it is not the signal; strength

Are you complaining about the over compression on the local channels or are you complaining about video quality on all channels?

Local channel Pixelizes as well as other channels

I do not know if this is compression or whatever all i know is this is really hard to watch tv with this crap going on with the TV picture. When the camera moves you can see drag and what seems like burning picture remnants. It is really grainy picture and it is hard to watch.

the installers are in the wrong, you cannot run 2 thiple sat lnbs through the same multiswitch, you need a pair of non switched dishes or 1 commercial dish like the gainmaster triple sat.

woodybeetle said:
the installers are in the wrong, you cannot run 2 thiple sat lnbs through the same multiswitch, you need a pair of non switched dishes or 1 commercial dish like the gainmaster triple sat.

You can do it but you need to make changes to one ODU.

so two round dishes

is this how to do this? or one oval and one round? Someone help cause I will rip d a new one.......please guys give me your feedback.!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

directv active?

Unable to get OTA on My H20

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)