Need Replay asap

impossible - optic cable couldn't carry enough current if it wanted to.

This can be tested easily with a car battery - optical cable - some clamps - and a test subject :D

goaliebob99 said:
CAn a dobily digital optical cord fry a tv... my thoughts is no... if yes how? and whats the chances.. if no why.. need this asap.

There is no voltage on taht line unless...(starts experimenting) no its not possible.

The optical cable carries no voltage as the others have said. It simply works with light on-light off. That translates to binary code. Each end, the STB and the Receiver, will translate the binary code back to voltage.

thats what i thought.. just wanted to make sure i wasnt on the crazy drugs that some people posting here have been on lately... no this is the story.. two weeks ago i went and did a trouble call at a ladys house.. she had all of the equipment for dd.. all she needed was the line.. so i recommended her to go to wallmart and get a line for twenty bucks.. showed her how to hook it up and how to switch her audion reciver over when she does get it hooked up... So.. being a good tech telling her how to get the most out of her reciver she was happy.. yeasterday she went to go hook up the dd optical cable.. and called us.. cauz she clames " when she pluged it in her tv stoped working and it made a funny smell"... She swears up and down that the optical cable blew her tv up.. We all know that its only light being passed through the cable with bionary.. So she wants dish network to buy her a new tv.. cauz i gave her advice on how to get the most out of her system.. so there u go guys..

I wouldn't worry about it!

I had a better call from a customer last week. 2 years ago we installed her Dish, and for whatever reason she decided to cancel her service and go back to Cable.

The Cable company came out and saw that we had removed all her cable wiring and configured it to work with her Dish, and now wants to charge her $25 to correct the wiring so she can get Cable installed.

The customer calls my office and argues with me for 20 minutes trying to get me to re-imburse her the $25 that she has to pay because we re-configured her wiring to work with Satellite.

She made me talk to the cable installer when he was there trying to charge her, and he got a good laugh when I said that she honestly expects me to pay $25 to have you re-wire her home so I'll loose her account.

The only problem I can see with this lady is if she is still in the chargeback period

dpp 44 with 5 locations... up and running

Adding 811 to current 522 setup?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)