Need help !

Status
Please reply by conversation.

KenMorgan

Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
I have a twinham 1020 card in my computer and am trying to pick up some free to air korean channels for my wife. The problem is that I get 80% signal strength on the dish setup screen but no movement at all on the signal quality. I am using an old Primestar dish 30" with the primestar LNB. I have tried a couple of old DSS, Dish network LNBS but get pretty much the same thing. My question is - Are these LNB's compatible with FTA? If not - could someone recommend a good choice.
By the way I am using ProgDVB for the program and using the default settings trying to locate Telstar 5.

Thanks

Yes I have Primestar dish and LNB. I have both the single output and doul H/V LNBs. I have found the dual H/V one to give me a little more than the single one. It took me a long time to get this working right tho. Are you sure you are your receiver is setup right? You may have to go to http://www.lyngsat.com and program your receiver. I would try to get some other sats and see what happens. As it stands I can get IA5, IA6 and G10R. I sure I can get other BUT need to find the time to do so.

Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Ken

KenMorgan said:
I have a twinham 1020 card in my computer and am trying to pick up some free to air korean channels for my wife. The problem is that I get 80% signal strength on the dish setup screen but no movement at all on the signal quality. I am using an old Primestar dish 30" with the primestar LNB. I have tried a couple of old DSS, Dish network LNBS but get pretty much the same thing. My question is - Are these LNB's compatible with FTA? If not - could someone recommend a good choice.
By the way I am using ProgDVB for the program and using the default settings trying to locate Telstar 5.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks for answering my question so quick. Now I can concentrate on settings in DVB program. I must be doing something wrong.

The Primestar LNB will work. The DBS ones are for DBS satellites only and wouldn't work for what you are trying to pick up :)

The LOF settings are very important. I cannot tell you what they are because I have not used that , but if you search around, you can probably find some info.

tim

I have 2 or 3 primestar dishes and they work great for FTA , they are
ku only though ( You might already kwow that) make sure your settings are
10750 , I downloaded a free DVB TS reader lite, You might won't to check this out (pretty neat)
You can see if You can get a signal and quality with this little program before you move on too your's. (We don't have nothing
without quality) maybe somebody can post the url for it, I'll see if I can find it.
hope it works out for You goodluck.

The dvbs cards are difficult to set up a dish. I usually do not recommend the cheap satellite finders, but with these cards you can use all the help that you can get!

ken2400 said:
As it stands I can get IA5, IA6 and G10R. I sure I can get other BUT need to find the time to do so.

What is your LNB setup? 3 on the same dish? I have a Channel Master/Prime star dish (round type) with the LNB Moutn but no LNB.

Does anyone have pictures of retrofitting one or several LNBF's to these dishes.

Thanks

Wholeshoe

I think Ken moves the dish. theres no way you could get IA5 and G10 on the same dish (they're too far apart) :)

Thats what I figured.

I am still interested to see if and how a LNBF or LNBFs can be retrofitted to one of these dishes.

The existing LNBF on a Primestar dish will work for KU band. You could put a DBS next to it if you want. You could get 2 KU LNBF's on there but it takes time to get the focal point just right :)

OK I will admit it. I a dish mover :cool: I am starting to get good at it too :) Maybe for X-mass I will get a dish and a motor or start messing around with all the 18" dishs I have and just set up a dish farm and buy some new lnbs?

Ken

Iceberg said:
I think Ken moves the dish. theres no way you could get IA5 and G10 on the same dish (they're too far apart) :)

Well, I have been working on this thing since the first posting and still no luck. Right now I would be happy to get any signal out of this thing. I am using the LOF of 10750 and I am pointed at Telstar 5 (I think so anyway) but still get anywhere from 70 - 80% signal strength but the signal quality is 0%. I am begining to think that it is some kind of setup problem with the card in the computer. I downloaded the latest drivers and software for the card but no luck. Does anybody have one of these cards that could point me in some direction? The factory support is not very good - Thanks again for all the suggestions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

How does Satwork work with Dish LNBF?

Is there a signal meter that will work with a universal KU LNBF?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)