KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
I got a Coolsat 5000 P that I bought for 15 bucks off of eBay. It came in the mail today and of course it came with hacker software. Having trouble getting it to lock a signal. Anyway I want to put different firmware in it. For some reason ever since I went to Hughes net in Nov., I cannot download files from the downloads here. It keeps telling me that I am downloading them to fast, when all I have done is hit download one time. So if someone has the time or already has the files could pm me or post them here, I will give you an email to send them to. I want the manual file and the loader file cs pro2..4, and the firmware with the added features. I had some of these files years ago and have long since lost them. I have never owned a cs5000, but I have set a few up for people but it has been a long time. I have another question.

I run everything through a Digiwave DiSEqC 1.1 8x1 switch, what setting does this thing want for that. I assume just go to uncommitted and set 1~8. If so does it matter where the DiSEqC 1.0 setting is at? On my other receivers I can turn it off, this just lets you pick 1-4 and not off. Maybe it is the junk firmware. It has just been so long since I have even messed with one. I thought though for 15 bucks and free shipping I couldn't turn it down as another receiver to have in the collection.

Thanks in advance:)

Don't have the manual, but here's the firmware and loader. You'll need a straight thru rs232 cable, not a null-modem cable.

Attachments

• CS5000_006p plus loader.zip
    996.2 KB · Views: 217
Your 8 port switch will ignore the 1.0 commands so not a problem if you can't shut it off.

That is what I thought, I have it working with the crap firmware that came with it, with the switch bypassed.

Thanks

Don't have the manual, but here's the firmware and loader. You'll need a straight thru rs232 cable, not a null-modem cable.

Thanks so much Brent. The file downloaded perfect. Glad you mentioned a straight cable though. I found the files and the manual elsewhere on the net, but those were hacker forums and they wanted me to join to download. I could give a fake name, but I don't want my IP mixed up with any of them. Showing downloads.

ok now have it working with the switch just fine. Must have punched something in wrong earlier in my rush to see if it worked. It may be a day or two until I dig up a straight 9pin cable or re-wire one of the 3 I have in my junk box that are null. Seems to be working ok with the hacker ware, but can't figure out in the motor settings where to enter my numbers to match what is already programmed in my v-box-X. Might be I have to wait to get the firmware updated.

I tell you I forgot how nice these boxes are. If it did S2 I would use it all the time.

That download perfect, thanks Rey!!

I tell you I forgot how nice these boxes are. If it did S2 I would use it all the time.

Ke4est,

You got that right and AMEN! I have always touted the Coolsat 4K, 5K and 6K IRDs as the best overall receivers for FTA. They are pretty basic machines so they cannot do all the fancy stuff and they cannot get S2 signals, but doggone if they don't work great for what they were designed to do. You just cannot find another that can really compare.

The tuner is highly responsive and quick. Programming it is a breeze. You can screw up and it will recover in a snap! You just can't mess it up. I have not yet found a receiver that was so user friendly. I'd never trade nor sell any of my Coolsat 5K's.

I just had to get my statement of support for the CS 5K out there. I LOVE mine.

RADAR

i have one too, it is nothing less then great for dishpointing.

i am not a coolsat guru , but the only thing i have had problems with is the diseqc 1.1
for some reason it craps out after port 5.
This may be a firmware issue.

when i first purchased my coolsat from ebay, it found all the channels on bird 91 tp 3927. I learned that the firmware was eyepatch and promptly changed back to factory using the links i found here.
i lost the ability to read the channels on tp 3927 immediately . i changed back to eyepatch and was able to read 3927 again, go figure.
since i got my S9, i have only needed the coolsat for dishpointing, so no biggie.
its too bad there isnt some way to add on a module for dvbs2 as those machines are very nice .
it has the coax f connector out for tv. this is very practical for using multiple tvs in multiple locations in the house without adding an rf converter. I very much dislike that i have to keep adding modules to do all the things that we used to be able to do. i do like hd so i dont complain too much :)

One of the rare receivers we have the sourcecode for.
When it first was released I made a version and replaced the games with other games like pacman.
The euro cousins had that option via .stb files,so various games were available to utilize.
The 5k/6k code made firmware for those receivers,the 4k had it's own separate sourcecode.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

No Signal From 30.0°W

77w

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts