Need Help with a C-Band system and a Coolsat

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ruth

Original poster
May 4, 2005
We have a CoolSat 4000 PRO, we hooked it up to our satellite DSR 922. Can someone Please help us and tell us how to program the CoolSat 4000 PRO. The manual that came with the unit is not helping us at all. :no

You hooked it to another receiver? What channels are you hoping to get?

All the free channels??? Can you help us??? Did we do something wrong???

need a little more info

What size dish are we working with here? (from the receiver model you listed, I am assuming a C-band)

Did you read the review of the Coolsat? It has info on how to set the unti up.

I edited the topic name so hopefully someone who has C-Band can help out. I haven’t worked with a 922 or C-band so I don’t know the setup

Ruth said:
We have a CoolSat 4000 PRO, we hooked it up to our satellite DSR 922. Can someone Please help us and tell us how to program the CoolSat 4000 PRO. The manual that came with the unit is not helping us at all. :no

You should have it connected like this:
http://www.dmsiusa.com/add_a_receiver.htm
Is the dish c/ku? you may need better lnb's if you have drop outs, the 922 will control the H/V on the DVB box, if you have lnb's. What size is your dish?

just as a heads up to all helping out
Julie & Ruth are working with the same system :)

welcome Julie :wave

1). I have a 10 foot mesh dish and good qual. LNB's c/ku. Trying to program each Satellite for the FTA recriver CoolSat 4000 PRO. Dish setting and motorized settings do I need to do motorized when I have a DSR 922 seems to be my motor do I have to program motorized settings with the FTA.
2). Dish settings it gives me 3 types of LNB's its got single, univerasal, ocs. I have in my dish a co-rotot, c/ku, from Chaperal in my 10 foot dish. They also ask about DISEqC switch and it gives me 3 choices 1.0, 1.0/1.1, off I'm not sure witch one to program for that. If you can Please help me with this part I might have a few more questions when I get that far. Thanks!!

LNB type is single
For C-Band, LO frequency is 5150
For Ku Band, LO frequency is 10750

If you are using the loop out (running a line from the 922 to the Coolsat), Diseqc is off

dumb question...(Im at work so I dont have the unit in front of me)

what happens when you pick "OCS"? Will that allow 2 frequencies to be put in?

you have to hook a cable between either the dish and the coolsat or the 922 and the coolsat so it can pick up the stuff off the dish :)

does the s-vidio do that??

what does symbol rate mean, and what should it be set at?

nope. The svideo gives you the picture to your TV, but it has to be hooked to something to pick up the signal (the dish)

symbol rate depends on the channel. Once you are hooked up, do a blind scan and it will find the frequency and symbol rates for you :)

Thank-You, but I did get a pic and sound on satellite GB channel 55 and a good pic and sound. But I went though alot of the other channels and got scrambed. Is that normal with this FTA?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

New to FTA, having some issues with G10R...

STILL can't hit AMC-3 RGGHHHH!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)